The simFlight Network Forums

Alt+F1 under a yoke button

IvanW

Hello,

Would i be possible to put alt+F1 under a button of my Proflight yoke ? Nvidia uses alt+F1 to make a picture, and having this under a button on my sim steer would be better than form it on my keyboard. For now, keep saying "NULL" and nothing enters in the small keypress window...

Thank you!

15 hours ago, IvanW said:

Would i be possible to put alt+F1 under a button of my Proflight yoke ?

You should be able to assign to lalt+F1 and/or ralt+F1, i.e. there is a distinction between left and right alt keys.

15 hours ago, IvanW said:

For now, keep saying "NULL" and nothing enters in the small keypress window...

Is this due to the alt (left or right) or the F1 key? i.e. if you just press F1 is that recognised? Are the alt keys recognised with any other key presses?

F1 comes into the small keypress window, is recognised, but holding down Alt and pressing F1 enters nothing in the box. But the Nvidia (Geforce RTX 4070) hotkey for a picture is Alt+F1.

I use left "Alt" en i have indeed on the right side "Alt-Gr" on my keyboard. And yes, with other keys no problem, ej lalt+x or lalt+w...

Maybe the nvidia driver is grabbing this key combination, as it is a hot-key, and FSUIPC is not seeing it for this reason. Try assigning to another key with lalt, then edit your FSUIPC7.ini and change the key code of the assignment to an F1 (112). Do this with the button assignments panel open, and then press to reload all button. For example, if I assign a button to lalt+P I  will see this in my button assignments section of my ini:

64=P101,8,K80,24     -{Key press: lalt+P}-

Changing this to:

64=P101,8,K112,24     -{Key press: lalt+P}-

changes the assignment to lalt+F1. Don't worry about the comment - that will get updated by FSUIPC.

John