The simFlight Network Forums

Help with Compound Button Conditions /Flags

Uwajimaya

Hello,

Hoping someone can help me with this.. I read the advanced user guide, but I guess it's too advanced, I simply don't understand it, it's too abstract for me 😞

I have two knobs. The left one has several fixed positions, the right one freely rotates. The left one registers as PD,20 and the right one as PD, 12. Only when the left is at PD,20 do I want to be able to execute the PD, 12 action. I have tried the below but without success. (I am able to use PD12 without the condition of PD20)

35=CP(+PD,20)PD,12,CPPMDG_B737_Cruise_Alt_Inc,0     -{Preset Control}-

35=CP(F+PD,20)PD,12,CPPMDG_B737_Cruise_Alt_Inc,0     -{Preset Control}-

What am I doing wrong? Appreciate any insights.

2 hours ago, Uwajimaya said:

The left one registers as PD,20 and the right one as PD, 12.

This cannot be correct - joysticks are either a number (the id) or a single letter (joyletter). What do you see in the button assignments window when you press your button? Probably just 'D'- the 'P' in 'PD' is from your assignments, and indicates the action - a button press:

<Action> is a single letter denoting the action being defined:

P Pulse the key press or control: i.e. do not hold the keys down whilst the button is held down. This is always the case for controls, and should always be the case for any key presses involving ALT key usage, because once the FS Menu is entered FSUIPC cannot supply further changes like key releases.

H Hold the specified keys down until the button is released. (This doesn’t apply to Controls and will be treated like P in their case). Do not use this with key presses involving ALT, for the reason just given

R     Repeat the key press or control whilst the button is kept held down. The repeat rate is
       approximately 6 per second and is not adjustable. Do not
use this with key presses involving ALT, for the reason already given.

U     Pulse the key press or control when the button is released

3 hours ago, Uwajimaya said:

The left one registers as PD,20 and the right one as PD, 12.

The left one should register as different button numbers, depending on its position, and the right one should have one (or possibly two) button in each direction. If it has two, then one is a 'fast' button and the other a 'slow' button. If it one has one in each direction, there is a lua script available to allow fast/slow detection if needed.

3 hours ago, Uwajimaya said:

Only when the left is at PD,20 do I want to be able to execute the PD, 12 action. I have tried the below but without success. (I am able to use PD12 without the condition of PD20)

35=CP(+PD,20)PD,12,CPPMDG_B737_Cruise_Alt_Inc,0     -{Preset Control}-

35=CP(F+PD,20)PD,12,CPPMDG_B737_Cruise_Alt_Inc,0     -{Preset Control}-

Try:
    35=CP(+D,20)D,12,CPPMDG_B737_Cruise_Alt_Inc,0     -{Preset Control}-

John