The simFlight Network Forums

Flaps Lever Synchronisation

Alpin-Flier

Hi John

Thanks to FSUIPC I could realise a really fine working homecockpit with MSFS and PMDG B737-800. But there is a small problem I could not find a solution for. I would like to synchronise the SW flaps lever at program start with the HW lever in my homecockpit. Lets assume that the SW lever is on any position, when FSUIPC starts. It goes always to 0 after about 14 sec. It then takes over the HW position only after the first HW lever move. During the 14 secs any HW lever move is not recognised.  

The HW lever is working on the flaps axis in FSUIPC (see FSUIPC.ini joined). I tried to find some info in the FSUIPC.log file (joined) and can see, that ca. 14 sec after PSUIPC start WAPI is started and Lvars/Hvars are received. I don't understand them really, but the solution could be there. How can I proceed?

Of course, flaps lever should always be on 0 after leaving the cockpit. But under simulation conditions this may not be granted.

Thanks for any help and best regards

Urs

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log

40 minutes ago, Alpin-Flier said:

The HW lever is working on the flaps axis in FSUIPC (see FSUIPC.ini joined).

There are issues when assigning flaps to an axis and calibrating in FSUIPC - some users have reported that this can reduces the climb rate - see 

and also 

Better to switch to using the presets instead - see  the first link above.

43 minutes ago, Alpin-Flier said:

Lets assume that the SW lever is on any position, when FSUIPC starts. It goes always to 0 after about 14 sec. It then takes over the HW position only after the first HW lever move. During the 14 secs any HW lever move is not recognised.  

Depending upon when FSUIPC is started and the aircraft used, it can take up to a minute or more for everything to be loaded and started. It is better to just wait for everything to be started before you do anything. It is also not possible to read the position of an axis - data is only sent when an axis is moved, so it is not possible to sync the software position with the hardware position at start-up. You just need to move the hardware lever to its initial position before starting MSFS/FSUIPC.

John

Thank you very much for your fast and most informative answer. The conclusion therefore is:

"You just need to move the hardware lever to its initial position before starting MSFS/FSUIPC. " and touch it again only after some delay. I can live with that.

All the best

Urs