The simFlight Network Forums

A300 Idle Reverse Lua

xkoote

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to properly set reverse on the A300. I have managed to do both idle and full reverse, with one additional wish. Which is to set idle reverse just a tad higher.

The way I have it now is to use two buttons on the "Throttle Reverse Thrust Toggle". This lets the throttle go into reverse mode, to set the appropriate amount of reverse. Two additional buttons on my Honeycomb Bravo are set to "Throttle 1(2) Axis Set Ex1" with appropriate parameter values for about 70% reverse and idle reverse (when the button is released). This works well. Pull the levers and they go one click into idle. Pull the throttles into the reverse button range and I get 70% reverse. Back out of the reverse button range, it goes back to idle reverse. Then I lower the reverse levers and it goes back to forward reverse.

What I am trying to accomplish is that when I pull the levers, it not only toggle reverse, but also sets a "Throttle 1(2) Axis Set Ex1" value slightly higher than idle. To do this I would need to make a Lua.

ipc.control(68069)
ipc.sleep(1000)
ipc.control(67103)

This is what I have at the moment. 68069 is the throttle reverse thrust toggle and 67103 is the "Throttle 1 Axis Set Ex1". The question is, can a write in the Lua a parameter to accompany the second ipc.control? In other words a parameter value to go with "Throttle 1 Axis Set Ex1"?

Many thanks,

Xander

21 minutes ago, xkoote said:

The question is, can a write in the Lua a parameter to accompany the second ipc.control? In other words a parameter value to go with "Throttle 1 Axis Set Ex1"?

Yes, of course - please see the lua library documentation:

ipc.control(n)

ipc.control(n, param)

Sends the FS or FSUIPC control ‘n’, with the optional parameter (assumed 0 if omitted).

FS controls are listed in a List of ...” controls document provided separately. FSUIPC added control numbers are listed in the Advanced User’s guide.

10 minutes ago, xkoote said:

Sorry, I forgot to check if I was in the FSUIPC MSFS forum. I was not. This is for MSFS.

I have moved your post to the FSUIPC7 / MSFS sub-forum.

John