The simFlight Network Forums

Installing fsuipc not able to connect msfs

Dell B

I'm having issues when installing. It automatically greys out the first 2 options that's the auto start with msfs and WASM. After the install is complete along (minus the 2 things I just mentioned) I'm still unable to connect Msfs to a pilots life. I've Uninstaller and reinstalled several times and still not working.

10 hours ago, Dell B said:

It automatically greys out the first 2 options that's the auto start with msfs and WASM.

I don't see how that can be possible...only the first option should be greyed-out (i.e. not possible to deselect), which is FSUIPC7. Can you show me a screenshot of this please.

You also wrote the following in another post, which I have deleted:

15 hours ago, Dell B said:

When installing I keep getting the following message " Cannot determine location of your UserCfg.opt.file. The WASM and Aut0- Start compoenents cannot be installed - please see the installation and reg manual for details." after I pass this I'm unable to select start when opening MSFS and WASM. I'm assuming this is why I can't A pilot's life to MSFS. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong I'm not able to find this issues/ solution on any other forum.

Can you please show me/attach your FSUIPC7Install.log file. Are you using an MSFS store version or Steam?

10 hours ago, Dell B said:

I just mentioned) I'm still unable to connect Msfs to a pilots life.

For connection issues, please first try the latest beta, available from 

If you still have issues with that version, please attach your FSUIPC7.log file.

John

Thanks and sorry for the questions in multiple places. 

Here is what my log is saying not sure how much you needed to see.

FSUIPC7 Installer v0.9.25 for v7.4.5
Running in folder 'D:\FSUIPC7\Install_FSUIPC7\Install_FSUIPC7'
Determining installation details...
Installation folder location: C:\FSUIPC7
Documents folder location: C:\Users\Byersaa\Documents\FSUIPC7
Determing Community folder for MS Store install
**** Cannot determine location of UserCfg.opt: Cannot install WASM module ****
Cannot find UserCfg.opt file (not at )
OriginalInstallDir=, FSUIPCInstalled=0, InstallDocumentsLocation=C:\Users\Byersaa\Documents\FSUIPC7, CommunityFolderLocation=
Default installation directory is 'C:\FSUIPC7'
Output folder: D:\New folder
Installing FSUIPC7.exe in D:\New folder.
Extract: FSUIPC7.exe... 100%
FSUIPC7.exe installation completed.
Installing User Manuals...
Create folder: C:\Users\Byersaa\Documents\FSUIPC7
Documents directory created: C:\Users\Byersaa\Documents\FSUIPC7
Output folder: C:\Users\Byersaa\Documents\FSUIPC7

1 hour ago, Dell B said:

Here is what my log is saying not sure how much you needed to see.

Always better to attach files rather than pasting their contents.

Are you using an MS Store purchased version of MSFS or did you purchase/install from Steam?
The installer is detecting an MS Store installation - is this correct? Is your UserCfg.opt file present in one of the following locations: 
    C:\Users\Byersaa\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.opt
    C:\Users\Byersaa\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\UserCfg.opt
?

12 hours ago, Dell B said:

I'm having issues when installing. It automatically greys out the first 2 options that's the auto start with msfs and WASM.

Can you please show me a screenshot of this, as I asked...

Did you try the latest beta, as advised? Does Pilot's Life connect with that version? If not, please show me/attach your FSUIPC7.log file. 

7.3.6 has been released so please update to this version, and after installing please attach your InstallFSUIPC7.log file.

John

Got ya the attachment kept saying it was too big when I tried so I copied and pasted.l but I purchased it on th ms store initially on xbox now I'm on PC.

Update- I moved the HVAR files from the FSUIPC7 to community folder for MSFS based off the greyed message for WASM upon installation and that seemed to allow me to connect a pilot life. So as of now I'm connected thanks again for your time. BTW still couldn't get that screen shot for you I'm using snipping tool but it still says it's too big. 

Edited by Dell B
Update

Got ya the attachment kept saying it was too big when I tried so I copied and pasted

Upload limits are very low fir new users, but increase after a few posts. Both both your InstallDSUIPC7.log and FSYUPC7.log files should be small anyway, and they compress/zip to a very small size which allows upload.

I purchased it on th ms store initially on xbox now I'm on PC.

So you are using an MS store installed version? Where is your MSFS UserCfg.opt file located - is it in any of those locations mentioned, if not, where is it?

Update- I moved the HVAR files from the FSUIPC7 to community folder for MSFS based off the greyed message for WASM upon installation and that seemed to allow me to connect a pilot life. So as of now I'm connected thanks again for your time.

But this doesn't make any sense! First, as you say you could not install the FSUIPC WASM module, there is no location to move these files to - where did you place them? And hvar files are in no way related to connection issues.

When I tried to get you a screenshot of the 2 boxes greyed out upon installation ( auto start and WASM) there was a message next to WASM saying HVAR/LVAR would install in community folders or something along these lines. FSUIPC was installed in another folder and still not connecting which is why I reached out. After reaching I tried to just move the folder my self thinking maybe it should be there per the message. When I logged back in it showed connected. I'm assuming that fixed it. But you're saying that shouldn't have fixed it? Thats the only thing I changed.

18 minutes ago, Dell B said:

When I tried to get you a screenshot of the 2 boxes greyed out upon installation ( auto start and WASM) there was a message next to WASM saying HVAR/LVAR would install in community folders or something along these lines.

When the installer cannot determine the location of your MSFS UserCfg.opt file, it cannot install
   - the WASM, as it does not know the location of your Community folder
   - the auto-start component, as it does not know the location of your MSFS EXE.xml file
When this happens, both of those components are deselected and grayed-out.

Neither of these components will prevent 3rd party apps connecting to FSUIPC, but as the auto-start component is not installed, you will have to start FSUIPC manually.

You can either try to fix the issue that is  causing this, or toy can install each component manually.

To install the WASM,  unzip the file SDK\FSUIPC-WASM.zip. Then unzip fsuipc-lvar-module.zip, then move/copy the fsuipc-lvar-module folder to your MSFS Community folder.
To install the auto-start component, you will manually have to edit your EXE.xml file - see 

28 minutes ago, Dell B said:

I'm assuming that fixed it. But you're saying that shouldn't have fixed it? Thats the only thing I changed.

There was an issue in versions before 7.4.6 (latest version) that could sometimes prevent 3rd party programs from connecting to FSUIPC7, depending how/when FSUIPC7 was started. You probably had this problem. Updating to 7.4.6 should solve these occasional connection issues.

• Thanks 1

Ok thanks for that and yes I'm using that previous version and was little scared to make another change once I seen the new one because I had just got it to work. These last explanations seem like this was my exact issue so I'll update to 7.4.6 I believe mine is 7.4.5. Thanks again for your time, patience, and quick respnses.