The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 is resetting my key presses

Andrewb07

Hello,

I didn't use the simulator for a while, and FSUIPC7 was stuck on version 7.3.24, so i just updated it to the latest version.

As far as i remembered i never had this issue before, somehow FSUIPC resetting everytime assigned key presses on a specific profile i created for the Fenix A320.

It Is doing this especially on buttons, for "press" and "release" functionality. (example external Power button) 
It shows in both boxes *press - *press or *release - *release.

I also tried to delete the .ini file and start all over again, but nothing change.
This happen on every start of FSUIPC7.

Thanks for any assistance or reply in regards.

Edited by Andrewb07

14 hours ago, Andrewb07 said:

It Is doing this especially on buttons, for "press" and "release" functionality. (example external Power button) 
It shows in both boxes *press - *press or *release - *release.

Sorry, but what does this mean? Can you attach a screenshot please?

14 hours ago, Andrewb07 said:

somehow FSUIPC resetting everytime assigned key presses on a specific profile i created for the Fenix A320.

So do you have this issue on only this profile? What about other profiles, or your general (none-profile) assignments - are these affected?

Can you also please attach your FSUIPC7.log and fsuipc7.ini files.

John

Can you also check if you installed from within the zip file, rather than extracting first. This is known to cause strange issues. Any  doubts, just re-install and make sure that you extract the files from the zip file before running the installer. You can also attach your InstallFSUIPC7.log file and I can take a look.

Note that as a new user to this forum, you will have a very low limit for uploading files. If they won't attach directly due to their size, you can zip/compress them. Your upload limit will increase as you post more messages.

John

Hi John,

Today I'm back home after i left for work reasons.

The issue persist, i also tried today to reinstall FSUIPC7 (following your instruction and extract files from zip before run installer).
Of course this is something i always did, never insalled anything without extract files first.
v7.3.24 never gave me this issue before.
Furthermore, making an example, i assigned on my TCA sidestick's red button the autopilot disconnect function, this was not affected at all, it's doing this only for keys assignment.

About the issue, i was to reductive, so in reply to this:

Let's suppose i want to assign the key "Y" for the "standby attitude of the Fenix A320".
This command, being a kind of a button, is divided in a "press" and "release" function.
Simply, what i want to do is, when i press the key "Y" on my keyobard this should trigger ---> FNX320_MainPanel_Standby_Attitude_Cage_Press
On release of the key "Y" it should trigger ---> FNX320_MainPanel_Standby_Attitude_Cage_Release
idk why FSUIPC reset this and put on both boxes (control sent when keys pressed and control sent when main key released) press or release, this way i'm not able to trigger the command.
This is happening also on other aircraft profile: example inibuilds A300.

Here you can find screenshots on Imgur https://imgur.com/a/VKmKgjY

The one with both assigned "FNX320_MainPanel_Standby_Attitude_Cage_Press" is the issue i'm talking about, one should be "press" and the other "release".
Don't know if i'm doing wrong, but always i did this way and never had issues before.

As you requested, please find attached:
FSUIPC7.log - InstallFSUIPC7.log - fsuipc7.ini
I'm sure in the .ini file you will find all my keys reset.

Best,

Andrea

FSUIPC7 files.zip

Edited by Andrewb07

2 hours ago, Andrewb07 said:

Let's suppose i want to assign the key "Y" for the "standby attitude of the Fenix A320".
This command, being a kind of a button, is divided in a "press" and "release" function.
Simply, what i want to do is, when i press the key "Y" on my keyobard this should trigger ---> FNX320_MainPanel_Standby_Attitude_Cage_Press
On release of the key "Y" it should trigger ---> FNX320_MainPanel_Standby_Attitude_Cage_Release
idk why FSUIPC reset this and put on both boxes (control sent when keys pressed and control sent when main key released) press or release, this way i'm not able to trigger the command.

I'm not 100% sure on what you are trying to say, but this is your key assignment to the 'Y' key:

56=89,8,PFNX320_MainPanel_Standby_Attitude_Cage_Press,1,PFNX320_MainPanel_Standby_Attitude_Cage_Press,0     -{Y: Press=Preset Control, Release=Preset Control }-

i.e. it is saving the press control for both the press and release. IIs this what you mean?

I have corrected this in the attached version if you would like to try it.

2 hours ago, Andrewb07 said:

The one with both assigned "FNX320_MainPanel_Standby_Attitude_Cage_Press" is the issue i'm talking about, one should be "press" and the other "release".

ok, then the attached should fix this.

Please also note that for such key assignments, you should really also check the No repeats! checkbox. You can also put an N in the ini file to do this, e.g.

56=N89,8,PFNX320_MainPanel_Standby_Attitude_Cage_Press,1,PFNX320_MainPanel_Standby_Attitude_Cage_Release,0     -{Y: Press=Preset Control, Release=Preset Control }-

Before attaching log/ini files, can you also pleasee always exit FSUIPC7 first - the log file you attached shows FSUIPC7 was still running when it was attached.

Thanks,

John

FSUIPC7.exe

P.S. Also, always Confirm key press assignments before clicking Ok, otherwise the parameters and no repeat flag will not be saved. Also, most of the available presets do not actual take parameters, so you can leave these boxes empty.

Sorry John,

What i have to do exactly with the .exe file?
By the way
"i.e. it is saving the press control for both the press and release. IIs this what you mean?"
Exactly, this is the problem.

P.s i'm not able to see the "assignments" box on FSUIPC7...

Edited by Andrewb07

I forgot to place the .exe file in FSUIPC7 main folder haha
Finally it works again!
is this a bug? It was my fault?
Thank you so much John for your patience and great effort solving this issue!

Best regards,
Andrea

17 minutes ago, Andrewb07 said:

What i have to do exactly with the .exe file?

Use it to replace your current FSUIPC7.exe.

18 minutes ago, Andrewb07 said:

P.s i'm not able to see the "assignments" box on FSUIPC7...

That is because you have not copied it to the correct location,,,,