The simFlight Network Forums

Sending FSUIPC data while in menu

AirPanther

My apologies if this has been answered... I couldn't find the answer.

My P3D has crashed to desktop a few times, and I'm wondering; can sending lots of data to P3D via FSUIPC, while the scenario is loading cause it t crash? I'm repeatedly sending a control inhibit, and not sure if that is the culprit. In FS Interrogate, offset 0x3365 "In Menu or Dialog" turns to non-zero (usually 3) anytime the sim is loading or in a menu, so I'm wondering if checking for that offset to be 0 before writing data to P3D would lower the likelihood of a crash?

Thanks,

Robert

I am not 100% sure, and it may depend on how you are sending this data, but I don't think FSUIPC will send any controls when the in-menu/dialog flag is set (offset 0x3365) and/or the ready-to-fly indicator (offset 0x3364) is non-zero.

I don't think the CTD will be related to this, but there is no harm in trying - but maybe use offset 0x3364 together with 0x3365.
Maybe also easier to use FSUIPC's offset logging facilities to log the values of these offsets (instead of FS-Interrogate), and if you also log events you can see when these are being sent (ir received) and what the values of those offsets hold at the time.

John