The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 WASM Module Not Detected

Sky Blue Flyer

Hi John

I am having trouble loading the WASM Module after moving my MSFS installation to a new M2 drive on my sim pc. I updated the Usercfg.opt with the new MSFS folder location and MSFS loads and runs normally except for no WASM Module. A quick look at the fsuipc7.log seems to show that the FS UNC Path is still showing the old MSFS installation folder path and not the new one.

I have tried re-installing fsuipc7 (I'm on the latest version) but the FS UNC path is unchanged. How can I update this please?

fsuipc7.ini, fsuipc7.log and installfsuipc7.log files attached.

regards

Martin

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log InstallFSUIPC7.log

Solved - I appear to have legacy msfs files in a microsoft store version of msfs even thogh I am now using a Steam version so I have two usercfg.opt files. FSUIPC7 was looking at the legacy usercfg.opt for the package location which was still pointing at the old location. After I updated the location in thus usercfg.opt file the WASM module was found. Not sure why fsuipc7 was looking here as everything plays nicely when I load the normal steam msfs. It all works now so am happy. 

12 hours ago, Sky Blue Flyer said:

Solved - I appear to have legacy msfs files in a microsoft store version of msfs even thogh I am now using a Steam version so I have two usercfg.opt files. FSUIPC7 was looking at the legacy usercfg.opt for the package location which was still pointing at the old location. After I updated the location in thus usercfg.opt file the WASM module was found. Not sure why fsuipc7 was looking here as everything plays nicely when I load the normal steam msfs. It all works now so am happy. 

This is strange as the installer first checks the steam location for the UserCfg.opt file in this location:
    %APPDAT%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt
If this file exists, a Steam install is assumed, and if not then an MS Store installation is assumed. And your installation log shows that the following UserCfg.opt file was used:
    File D:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt opened OK
This IS for your Steam installation.

15 hours ago, Sky Blue Flyer said:

I updated the Usercfg.opt with the new MSFS folder location

Are you sure that you did not update the UserCfg.opt file from the MS Store installation, which would be here:
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.opt
or possibly
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\UserCfg.opt

7 hours ago, John Dowson said:

This is strange as the installer first checks the steam location for the UserCfg.opt file in this location:
    %APPDAT%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt
If this file exists, a Steam install is assumed, and if not then an MS Store installation is assumed. And your installation log shows that the following UserCfg.opt file was used:
    File D:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt opened OK
This IS for your Steam installation.

Are you sure that you did not update the UserCfg.opt file from the MS Store installation, which would be here:
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.opt
or possibly
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\UserCfg.opt

Yes I agree John it is strange because although the install log shows the correct steam location for the usercfg.opt, if you look at the fsuipc7.log whenever I ran fsuipc7 it was looking for the store usercfg.opt defined FS install location 

47 System time = 25/02/2024 17:54:29
       47 FLT UNC path = "\\MGS-SIMPC1\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\"
       47 Allowing calibration when not assigned with 'Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration'
       63 -------------------------------------------------------------------
       78 Preset file 'C:\FSUIPC7\myevents.txt' not found [info only]
       78 13965 Calculator Code presets have been loaded and are available for use
      110 Registered HotKey 'InvokeFSUIPCOptionsKey' (key=0x46, modifier=0x1)
      125 FS UNC path = "E:\MSFS\Packages\"

Once I realised there were some legacy Store version files inc the usercfg.opt from a previous installation pointing to the old package folder location. I pointed it to the new package folder location and everything was then fine. Obviously I couldnt leave it like that so I removed the Store legacy files, reinstalled fsuipc7 and it correctly identified the steam usercfg.opt and FS UNC path.

FSUIPC7 did what it supposed to once the confusion of having a steam and a legacy store version of the usercfg.opt was rectified.

kind regards

Martin 

2 hours ago, Sky Blue Flyer said:

if you look at the fsuipc7.log whenever I ran fsuipc7 it was looking for the store usercfg.opt defined FS install location 

47 System time = 25/02/2024 17:54:29
       47 FLT UNC path = "\\MGS-SIMPC1\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\"
       47 Allowing calibration when not assigned with 'Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration'
       63 -------------------------------------------------------------------
       78 Preset file 'C:\FSUIPC7\myevents.txt' not found [info only]
       78 13965 Calculator Code presets have been loaded and are available for use
      110 Registered HotKey 'InvokeFSUIPCOptionsKey' (key=0x46, modifier=0x1)
      125 FS UNC path = "E:\MSFS\Packages\"

Ah, i see now - the installer detected and installed correctly, but FSUIPC7 checks things the other way around. FSUIPC7 does first check that location for the UserCfg.opt file, and so incorrectly determined that you were using an MSFS version and looked for the WASM under E:\MSFS\Packages\Community. Removing/renaming the YserCfh.opt file would have fixed this.

I should really check the location in the same order as the installer to avoid such issues....I will update for this.

Cheers,

John