The simFlight Network Forums

Fenix TO Config Warning on landing

BAW242

Hi, looking for any guidance on how to troubleshoot this recent problem which appears to be linked to FSUIPC in some way.

Several weeks ago I started getting TO config warnings after landing in the Fenix, I can't be certain what action is causing it (eg. selecting reverse thrust or stowing flaps)  as the timing slightly varies each time - sometimes on the runway during decel and sometimes when vacating and cleaning up. After a process of elimination it seems to be FSUIPC linked as when I close down FSUIPC I don't have the issue. The problem seems to have started when I installed a new Honeycomb Throttle but this device is only used on my PMDG B737,  I even disconnect the Honeycomb and still ge this issue (I use an X56 throttle for Fenix).

Another strange aspect is that the warning starts when N1 is idle, at no point is N1 increasing and I thought it should only activate when advancing the throttle which I am not, and the ECAM shows this.

Any ideas gratefully appreciated.

David

Screenshot2024-01-17173704.thumb.png.3f8d4802bfa58d27f9fae1de74cc5161.png

You have no axes assigned in your Fenix profile - where are these assigned?

You also have no calibration section for your Fenix profile, so the general calibration section will be used. In this section, you have flaps calibrated which could be interfering. Create a calibration section for your Fenix profile and remove the flaps calibration: with the fenix loaded, open FSUIPC and go to the calibration tab and click the profile-specific checkbox, then go to page 6 of the calibaration tab and click Reset on the flaps.

This will remove any interaction that FSUIPC has on your flaps. 

Not sure if this will help but worth trying before investigating further.

John

Thanks John I’ll give that a go. It could make sense that some kind of flap issue could be triggering the TO config warning and I have been messing about with flap axis on the new Honeycomb.

No joy with this John, attaching latest .ini and log file from test filght today. It does look like a flap issue of some kind as altering the flap affects the warning. Today I landed Flap Full, spoilers extended normally, idle reverse selected, manual braking, then as exiting runway around 25 kts the warning started to sound. I then retracted flap to zero and the warning stopped momentarily then started again. Setting Flap 2 again stopped it (not 1+F interestingly). 

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7log.zip

There is no much point me going through such a huge log when I don't even know whereabouts in the log the warning was triggered...

Do you know what actually triggers this warning, and why it is triggered on landing (presume this is a warning related to take-off configuration, no?). Maybe ask about this on the Fenix forums (or discord channel... whatever they are using for support).

Can you disable all logging please, and add logging for Buttons & Keys. Also add logging for the flaps position - offset 0BDC as U32 (using Log->Offsets...)
Also try opening the FSUIPC logging console when you land (Log->Open Console), and make a note of the timestamp when you get the warning. We can then see what the flaps position was when the warning was triggered.

On 2/26/2024 at 11:39 AM, BAW242 said:

The problem seems to have started when I installed a new Honeycomb Throttle but this device is only used on my PMDG B737,  I even disconnect the Honeycomb and still ge this issue (I use an X56 throttle for Fenix).

The only assignments on your Bravo that have an effect on the Fenix will be these Throttle Decr assignments:

4=RF,25,C65966,0     -{THROTTLE1_DECR}-
5=RF,26,C65971,0     -{THROTTLE2_DECR}-

I don't think these can be the cause...

How are you assigning your axes in the X56?

This key assignments in your FENIX profile, relating to the TO Config, looks strange:

6=67,8,PFNX320_ECAM_TO_CONFIG_Button_Press,0,PFNX320_ECAM_TO_CONFIG_Button_Press,0     -{C: Press=Preset Control, Release=Preset Control }-

You are sending the same preset (FNX320_ECAM_TO_CONFIG) on both press and release, so the same preset will be send twice.
Could this be the cause? Maybe when pressing to disable TO Config this isn't working due to this problem...

I think this was caused by a bug in 7.4.6 (and earlier versions), and is fixed in the latest beta - see 

There is also a beta version in that post - try with that, and change your key assignments that use _Press for the release control to _Release - you can do this in the UI but maybe quicker/easier to just update your FSUIPC7.ini manually for all key presses assigned in this way.

John

Later: maybe use the attached version instead - this is 7.4.7 which I will be releasing later tonight/tomorrow: 7.4.7 has been released

Edited by John Dowson
7.4.7 released - attachment removed

Thanks again John I’ll run another test at the weekend.

Most of my axes are assigned directly in MSFS and they’ve always worked fine.

I haven’t noticed any issue with the TO CONFIG button, it’s been assigned for a long time and works fine as designed during taxi out and is never touched again after that, but I’ll “fix” that too and see if helps.

Hi John,

I installed v7.4.8 and upgraded Fenix to their latest version, still getting same issue.

I have cut the relevant section from the reduced log file below, the time from disconnecting A/P ay 600' to the time that I turned off the strobe and XPDR when exiting the runway. The Warning sounded from about half way through landing roll, 60-80kts during decel until I cancelled it using the mouse/virtual cockpit button. During that time I would have pressed a button on my X56 for Reverse Idle, it is programmed in MSFS as Throttle Decrease and not in FSUIPC. As you mention above, I have programmed the equivalent button on the Honeycomb using FSUIPC. I wonder if this Throttle Decrease command could be the culprit somehow. I will do more testing, eg. no reverse thrust, or removing the assignment in MSFS and adding it as an aircraft specific in FSUIPC.

David

12426547 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=2, Pressed
 12426547 [Buttons.Fenix A320 - Aer Lingus 'Old' EI-DEP (2005)] 24=PA,2,CPFNX320_Misc_Sidestick_AP_Disconnect_Captain_Button_Press,0
 12426688 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=2, Released
 12426688 [Buttons.Fenix A320 - Aer Lingus 'Old' EI-DEP (2005)] 25=UA,2,CPFNX320_Misc_Sidestick_AP_Disconnect_Captain_Button_Release,0
 12478031 EV_KEYDOWN received: 0x6A (j)
 12478031 KEYDOWN: VK=106, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, lParam=0 (0x0), Shifts=0
 12478031 .. KeyDown received from FS but not programmed 
 12478141 EV_KEYUP received: 0x6A (j)
 12478141 KEYUP: VK=106, Waiting=0, Shifts=0, lparam=0 (0x0)
 12478141 .. KeyUp received from FS but not programmed
 12478594 EV_KEYDOWN received: 0x6A (j)
 12478594 KEYDOWN: VK=106, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, lParam=0 (0x0), Shifts=0
 12478594 .. KeyDown received from FS but not programmed 
 12478703 EV_KEYUP received: 0x6A (j)
 12478703 KEYUP: VK=106, Waiting=0, Shifts=0, lparam=0 (0x0)
 12478703 .. KeyUp received from FS but not programmed
 12501953 EV_KEYDOWN received: 0x6E (n)
 12501953 KEYDOWN: VK=110, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, lParam=0 (0x0), Shifts=0
 12501953 .. KeyDown received from FS but not programmed 
 12502000 EV_KEYUP received: 0x6E (n)
 12502000 KEYUP: VK=110, Waiting=0, Shifts=0, lparam=0 (0x0)
 12502000 .. KeyUp received from FS but not programmed
 12505500 EV_KEYDOWN received: 0x60 (`)
 12505500 KEYDOWN: VK=96, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, lParam=0 (0x0), Shifts=0
 12505500 .. KeyDown received from FS but not programmed 
 12505578 EV_KEYUP received: 0x60 (`)
 12505578 KEYUP: VK=96, Waiting=0, Shifts=0, lparam=0 (0x0)
 12505578 .. KeyUp received from FS but not programmed
 12531328 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=1 (B), Btn=18, Pressed
 12531328 [Buttons.Fenix A320 - Aer Lingus 'Old' EI-DEP (2005)] 7=PB,18,CPFNX320_LIGHT_STROBE_OFF,0
 12531469 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=1 (B), Btn=18, Released
 12531750 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=1 (B), Btn=16, Pressed
 12531750 [Buttons.Fenix A320 - Aer Lingus 'Old' EI-DEP (2005)] 9=PB,16,CPFNX320_Transponder_Mode_Knob_STBY,0 

Hi John - solved! It was the X56 button assigned directly in MSFS to Decrease Throttle to engage Reverse Thrust, something must have been corrupted at the MSFS end as the button seems to have been generating 4 separate inputs into MSFS (it actually froze my system when I went into the assignments and pressed it, I had to unplug the X56 to unfreeze it). So nothing to do with FSUIPC but FSUIPC logs helped me work it out...I am really sorry - my troubleshooting must have been flawed and perhaps when I tested FSUIPC I didn't actually select Reverse Thrust on that landing.

I have removed this assignment and re-assigned as aircraft specific in FSUIPC and all is now working again.

Thanks for your troubles.

David

image.png.989b0ab7215d85d4eca413fe84b91fac.png