The simFlight Network Forums

Unable to connect to Skydemon

chrisingham05

*** Moved to FSUIPC7 sub-forum ***

Hello,

I used FSUIPC a while back with Skydemon and everything worked well. I recently had to reinstall my OS and had to install FSUIPC again, however after doing so I cant seem to connect to Skydemon, it just says waiting for simulator when FSUIPC is connected. I cant figure out why it wont work

FSUIPC V 7.4.6

iPad running SkyDemon is on the same wifi network

I've not added a key to FSUIPC, is that why? I seem to remember I have paid and have a key but cant find any emails with the details. 

Thanks

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to FSUIPC7 support forum

12 hours ago, chrisingham05 said:

FSUIPC V 7.4.6

As your question is on FSUIPC7, I have moved your post to the FSUIPC7 sub-forum. Note also that 7.4.7 was released yesterday - please update.

I've not added a key to FSUIPC, is that why? I seem to remember I have paid and have a key but cant find any emails with the details. 

Most 3rd party apps do not require a key/licensed version, but some do. Looking at SkyDemon, that uses the GPSOut facilities of FSUIPC7 so a licensed/registered version is required. If you have purchased a license, you can always retrieve the license details from your SimMarket account.

I recently had to reinstall my OS and had to install FSUIPC again, however after doing so I cant seem to connect to Skydemon, it just says waiting for simulator when FSUIPC is connected. I cant figure out why it wont work

FSUIPC V 7.4.6

iPad running SkyDemon is on the same wifi network

Once you have a license, you also need to configure FSUIPC7 to send out the GPS coordinates. For example, see 

John

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have the same problem at the moment. SkyDemon is running as a test version on the same computer as the simulator. I bought the FSUIPC7 for 30€ and activated the GPS-Out function. FSUIPC7 is also connected to the simulator and FlightSimGPS. But SkyDemon still says "waiting for simulator". Sometimes the displayed course at the bottom of SkyDemon shows the course in the simulator. But only sometimes. Can someone please help me? 😞

Many thanks and best regards,

Marc

19 minutes ago, MarcT said:

Sometimes the displayed course at the bottom of SkyDemon shows the course in the simulator.

When it shows this SkyDemon must be connected to the simulator, or at least connect to FSUIPC7.
I cannot help with 3rd party apps, you need to ask on the SkyDemon support forum (presuming there is one).

All I can tell you is that most connection issues with 3rd party apps (to FSUIPC7) are due to permissions issues. All applications that connect to FSUIPC7 must be ran at the same privilege level as FSUIPC7. So, if running FSUIPC7 with admin privileges, you must also run SkyDemon with admin privileges, and if running with standard user privileges then SkyDemon must also be ran with standard user privileges and not admin privileges.  Please check this, and if you still have issues then report to SkyDemon - I cannot help with this, sorry.

John