The simFlight Network Forums

ATC files and FSUIPC

*** Moved from FAQ sub-forum to main support forum ***

Hello,

With P3D v4's SimDirector tool, ATC communications have been created from text files.
Is it possible to recover these files with FSUIPC? If so, do you know the offset?
Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Pascal

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to main support forum

First, you posted in the FAQ sub-forum where it explicitly states NOT for support requests. Please take care to post in the correct place if you require support. I have moved your post.

On 3/1/2024 at 2:39 PM, Pascal Drac said:

With P3D v4's SimDirector tool, ATC communications have been created from text files.
Is it possible to recover these files with FSUIPC?

What are these files? Where are they located? What do they contain? What do you expect FSUIPC to extract from them. i.e. what data do you want to find in the offsets from these files?

As I do not know what files you are talking about, I expect that FSUIPC currently does nothing with these.

Maybe you can attach an example and I will take a look. Is there a fixed location where these files are located/created?

John

Not sure why you attached that image - I know what simdirector is, I have just never used this tool. Attaching the generated file would have been more useful (what is it called?), and also the location.

But FSUIPC probably does nothing with this file, unless it is one of the standard files loaded when loading a flight or mission.
If you want any information from such files available via offsets, you would have to write a lua script to read the file, extract the information that you require and then add this to a free/spare FSUIPC offset.

John

As I said, FSUIPC does nothing with such files. I don't see any good reason why these files should be loaded, but many possible difficulties (e.g. how is FSUIPC supposed to know the name if this file?). As I said, if you want some data from such files available via FSUIPC offsets, then you will need to write a bespoke lua script to read/parse the file, extract the data you need and then add this to a free/spare FSUIPC offset. 

John