The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 7.4.8 Not connecting to external programs

Stubakka_99

Hi,

I've recently updated to the latest version however I've noticed that Pacx, Landing Rate Monitor and Self Loading Cargo are unable to connect. However, an acars program will connect if FSUIPC is loaded after the simulator is loaded but not concurrently. I've attached an image showing FSUIPC connected to the sim with Pacx showing an error. I'd attach the log but its 3763kb and 20kb file size is the limit.

I should note that all of these programs loaded with the last version that I used (possibly 7.4.5?)

Thanks

fsuipc_pacx_error.png

Edited by Stubakka_99

7 minutes ago, Stubakka_99 said:

I'd attach the log but its 3763kb and 20kb file size is the limit.

Your upload file size will increase the more you post. I need to see your FSUIPC7.log file though - try compressing it, or use an on-line file sharing app (e.g. https://www.file.io/) if the file is still too large.

I will take a look with LRM later as I believee that is a free one I can test with here...

John

No wonder the file is so large - you have a lot of unnecessary additional logging activated. Please disable all logging for the moment and show me a clean FSUIPC7.log file. Also please make sure that you exit FSUIPC7 before attaching the file.

John

That log file shows that FSUIPC7 was still running when it was attached. Please ALWAYS exit FSUIPC7 before attaching log files. Can you also attach your FSUIPC7.ini file please.

This is rather worrying:

297 **** Not writing buttons back as no button actions found!!

Do you not have any general button assignments?

John

P.S. Try attaching here now instead of file.io

I'm mid flight but I've closed FSUIPC down. It's allowing me 1.99kb of upload space.

Please find the updated log and config files here

https://file.io/bQxIqGWuk8UH

I have not assigned any general buttons. I usually install the software and let it run its magic without ever changing anything. This is the first time i've ever had an issue and I've been using it for years.

When I start LRM, it connects straight away when FSUIPC7 is available/running, even without MSFS running, regardless of the order in starting.

The usual reason for clients not connecting is that they are being ran at different priority levels - everything must be ran at the same priority level. Could you be running these clients with admin privileges but not FSUIPC? If you has set the previous versions .exe to run as admin, you will have to do this each time you update.

John

Everthing was running without admin privileges. Very confusing how it's happened but I appear to have fixed it by adding this line to general section the .ini file

"DisableMSFSMonitor=Enum"

Which I picked up from the LRM troubleshooting.

13 minutes ago, Stubakka_99 said:

Everthing was running without admin privileges. Very confusing how it's happened but I appear to have fixed it by adding this line to general section the .ini file

"DisableMSFSMonitor=Enum"

Which I picked up from the LRM troubleshooting.

That is very strange as that is related to FSUIPC7's monitoring of MSFS2020, and nothing to do with client applications connecting to FSUIPC7.
Maybe it was something temporary...can you try removing that now and see if it connects or not. Note that option is set automatically if running under windows 11, which you seem to be using - from your log file:

Windows 11 detected - setting DisableMSFSMonitor to 'Enum'

Therefore I cannot see how that can change anything...

3 hours ago, Stubakka_99 said:

I've noticed that Pacx, Landing Rate Monitor and Self Loading Cargo are unable to connect.

How about those other two apps - PACX and Self Loading Cargo?

I've removed the line again and they still worked. 🤔

That includes Pacx or SLC and LRM.

Not sure whats going on anymore. None of those programs had been updated recently. Possibly just a glitch somewhere. 🤷‍♂️

Either way its all working again now. 🙂