The simFlight Network Forums

Fsuipc7 inactive orders

Phil64

Good morning, John, I have had all versions of FSUIPC without problems. But I just changed my PC configuration (powerful) and I reinstalled MFSS20, Prosim, Sioc and FSUIPC latest version, with my config.ini file (Fsuipc); However, it is already having difficulty launching automatically with FS20 and when it appears it gives me a grayed out display, although it is well connected. I can't find my old settings. Thank you for your help, and for what you do for the simmer community. Best regards. Phil64

1 minute ago, Phil64 said:

with my config.ini file (Fsuipc)

The FSUIPC7 config file, where all your settings and assignments are stored, is called FSUIPC7.ini. The config.ini file is nothing to do with FSUIPC7.

3 minutes ago, Phil64 said:

it is already having difficulty launching automatically with FS20

What do you mean by this? For auto-start issues, see 

4 minutes ago, Phil64 said:

and when it appears it gives me a grayed out display

What do you mean by this? What is grayed-out?
Are you running/using a licensed/registered version or the freeware/unlicensed version (i.e. Do you see an Assignments menu option in the menu bar)?

7 minutes ago, Phil64 said:

I can't find my old settings.

They will be in your original FSUIPC7.ini file.

John

Also, please note that your old FSUIPC7.ini may not work directly out-of-the-box with your new PC, as the GUIDs of your devices/controllers may have changed. If you run FSUIPC7 ince with your old ini, exit and then attach your updated FSUIPC7.ini file here, I can take a look and update it for you if needed.

John

Good morning, John, First of all, thank you for your answers and your responsiveness.
1- I always use registered FSUIPC (and WideFS)
2- (Grayed out) means that I cannot make any adjustments to my controls (inactive).
3- Yes I was wrong, I had put back my old FSUIPC.ini.
This afternoon I will send you my FSUIPC.ini to see if you can update it for me.
Thank you very much for your help.
Kind regards.
Phil64

15 minutes ago, Phil64 said:

2- (Grayed out) means that I cannot make any adjustments to my controls (inactive).

I still don't understand this - what exactly is grayed-out? If you have an Assignments menu option in the menu bar, then you should be able to open the assignments panels.
Maybe attach a screen-shot so I can see what you mean here.

18 minutes ago, Phil64 said:

This afternoon I will send you my FSUIPC.ini to see if you can update it for me.

Ok.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:
2 hours ago, Phil64 said:

I still don't understand this - what exactly is grayed-out? If you have an Assignments menu option in the menu bar, then you should be able to open the assignments panels.
Maybe attach a screen-shot so I can see what you mean here.

Be aware that if an assignment is shown in the buttons assignment panel and it is grayed-out and you cannot change/edit it, this is because there are either multiple assignments to that button (the button assignment is overloaded), or you have added either a compound  button or offset condition. With  such assignments, you can only change by editing the FSUIPC7.ini file (as you did to add/create this condition).

John

Good morning, John, I send you : 1 - the photo of FSUIPC opened with MSFS20 (inactive) we cannot select anything. 2 - The FSUIPC.ini which worked perfectly with my "old" (2 years) PC configuration. Thank you for your help knowing full well that this must be an error somewhere on my part. Sincerely. Phil

1.png

FSUIPC7.ini

That ini file is very strange and completely empty, i.e. no assignments whatsoever, and no devices recognised. This cannot be the ini file form your previous installation if you had assignments. It also shows that you are using a very old version of FSUIPC7, 7.4.3 - please update to the latest version, 7.4.8.

5 minutes ago, Phil64 said:

1 - the photo of FSUIPC opened with MSFS20 (inactive) we cannot select anything.

This is because no devices are recognised (no devices section in your ini file) and so no button press was detected.

Try an located your FSYUPC7.ini that holds your assignments, update to the latest version and try again, and attach your files again (FSYUPC7.log and FSUIPC7.ini) if you have any issues.

John