The simFlight Network Forums

FSUPIC4 HOTAS Throttle problems

Hello, I'm not sure if this is an FSUIPC4 problem but I can't figure out what else may be causing my issues so I wanted to start here.

I set up my Thrustmaster TWCS HOTAS throttle to use as the collective in a helicopter and it seems something is fighting it, as if another axis is interfering or something (the collective in the helicopter keeps moving up and down by itself)  but I double and triple checked and I have absolutely nothing else bound to the throttle command except the TWCS throttle axis.  I checked in Windows Devices and Printers to make sure the TWCS throttle axis isn't spiking and it's not.  I made sure no axis's where bound in the FSX control settings causing conflicts, there are none.  I also tried deleting the  FSUIPC4.ini file and rebound all my controls but this didn't help either.  My HOTAS drivers are up to date as is Windows 10 itself and FSUPIC4, all are updated to the latest versions.  I just can't figure out what the heck else is causing this.

I would greatly appreciate any help, with this or at least try to rule out FSUIPC as the problem, thank you.

(I can't recall all the files you require to troubleshoot so if you need a different file uploaded, let me know)

FSUIPC4 Install.log FSUIPC4.ini

On 3/10/2024 at 11:48 PM, Kalnon said:

I set up my Thrustmaster TWCS HOTAS throttle to use as the collective in a helicopter

How/where have you done this? The only assignment I can see for the TWCS throttle is this one:

6=2Z,1,D,4,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle }-

If that is the assignment you are using, then maybe its the calibration thats causing the issue. You can try removing the calibration and assigning with 'Send to FS as normal axis' instead.

On 3/10/2024 at 11:48 PM, Kalnon said:

(I can't recall all the files you require to troubleshoot so if you need a different file uploaded, let me know)

I need to see the FSUIPC4.log file (not the installation log). Activate logging for axes controls and move your throttle through its full range and back again, then exit and show me/attach the log file.

John