The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 - Not Running / Starting / Auto or Manual MSFS

Hello,

I am trying to run FS Flying School and FS Instant Approach from FsFlyingSchool.com.

However, to get their software to work it utilizes FSUIPC7.  However, I can't get FSUIPC7 to run either automatically or manually.  I have installed, and installed, uninstalled, re-installed, uninstalled and installed some more.  There is never an error during installation.  I have chosen both Auto Start and manual but it makes no difference.

I never see FSUIPC7 running in the task manager, it never appears in the taskbar.

I am not sure what files, screenshots or system info you might need so I'll provide that as soon as I know what you need!

Thanks for helping me!

11 minutes ago, IrwinMFletcher said:

I never see FSUIPC7 running in the task manager, it never appears in the taskbar.

You could try reading the documentation....

When FSUIPC7 starts, you should see a splash screen - do you see that? If so, it is running and sitting in your system tray, not the task bar. You can open it from the system tray or use the key combination Alt+F to show the main window. Once it is open, you can iconize it to the task bar if you so wish, or just close the window and it will sit in the system tray until you exit MSFS.

If you do not see the splash screen either when MSFS auto-starts FSUIPC7 or when you start it manually, please show me/attach your InstallFSUIPC7.log file.

John

Thank you for your quick response!!

I apologize for swapping the terms task manager and system tray...  However, FSUIPC7 does not appear in either location.

I tried to attach a video of the whole process but it is a bit too large.  I can email it to you or upload it some place, if needed. l also attached the log file you have requested.  I really appreciate your help with this!

Joe

InstallFSUIPC7.log

Auto-start is not enabled as there seems to be an issue with your EXE.xml file - from your installation log:

**** Auto-start of FSUIPC7 with MSFS will not be enabled ****
**** To resolve, remove or rename this file and re-install:  C:\Users\joedu\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\EXE.xml****

This usually occurs due to another 3rd-party app corrupting this file. Please follow those instructions (i.e. rename that file then re-install FSUIPC7), then when done, show me/attach your renamed EXE.xml as well as the new/current one, and also attach your new InstallFSUIPC7.log file. I can then make any necessary changes and provide you a new one.

23 hours ago, IrwinMFletcher said:

I can't get FSUIPC7 to run either automatically or manually.

What happens when you try to start manually, i.e. when you double-click the FSUIPC7.exe in windows Explorer? Do you see the FSUIPC7 splash-screen? Is an FSUIPC7.log file created, if so please show it to me (i.e. attach it).

If you cannot run FSUIPC7, this is usually due to one of two reasons:

1, Your VC++ redistributables are not up-to-date. Download both the x64 and x86 packages from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist, install them and try again.

2. You have some anti-virus software that is blocking FSUIPC7. Check any anti-virus software to see if it has blocked or removed FSUIPC7, and if so configure to allow.

Your original EXE.xml was corrupt - it was missing an opening SimBase.Document directive. You have two other add-ons using this file - AFCBridge and Logitech MSFS plugin. One of these must have corrupted this file, I have added these back in the attached EXE.xml, so please use this to replace the one you are using:

EXE.xml

And again, what happens when you try to start manually, i.e. when you double-click the FSUIPC7.exe in windows Explorer? Do you see the FSUIPC7 splash-screen? Is an FSUIPC7.log file created, if so please show it to me (i.e. attach it).  Also, please right-click on the FSUIPC7.exe and look at the properties, security tab. Is it blocked from running there? if so allow it to be ran.

John