The simFlight Network Forums

"no attitude information"

I'm a newbie. I'm using the latest versions of FSUIPC4 and Flightsimgps on FSX with Windows 11 and Foreflight. I get heading, position, altitude and other data on Foreflight but "no attitude information". Any help is appreciated.

7 hours ago, zephyrus said:

I get heading, position, altitude and other data on Foreflight but "no attitude information". Any help is appreciated.

I know nothing about Foreflight or even if it uses FSUIPC - as the problem is with this software, I suggest you try their support first.

John

2 minutes ago, zephyrus said:

Here's a discussion you had on a similar subject:

Then read that! As it says in that post, I don't know what NMEA/GPS sentences Foreflight is expecting - you need to ask them.

2 minutes ago, zephyrus said:

What is GPSout?

It is a facility provided by FSUIPC to send out GPS data to the network for use by 3rd-party programs. If Foreflight is using this feature, they should let you know how to configure this in FSUIPC. This feature is configurable in the AutoSave/GPSOut tab of FSUIPC4 and is described in the FSUIPC4 User guide starting on page 10.

12 minutes ago, zephyrus said:

But i do not support Foreflight, only FSUIPC, I do not know how to configure FSUIPC for use with Foreflight, you need support form them, not me.

John

2 hours ago, John Dowson said:

It is a facility provided by FSUIPC to send out GPS data to the network for use by 3rd-party programs. If Foreflight is using this feature, they should let you know how to configure this in FSUIPC. This feature is configurable in the AutoSave/GPSOut tab of FSUIPC4 and is described in the FSUIPC4 User guide starting on page 10.

So it looks like GPSOut and other instructions in the earlier post are only accessible for paid (registered) versions of FSUIPC. Not willing to gamble on success where the developer knows nothing about my application.

3 minutes ago, zephyrus said:

So it looks like GPSOut and other instructions in the earlier post are only accessible for paid (registered) versions of FSUIPC.

Yes.

3 minutes ago, zephyrus said:

Not willing to gamble on success where the developer knows nothing about my application.

Up to you. There are hundreds of add-ons that use FSUIPC, some the freeware version and some the registered/paid version. I cannot comment on any such software - you need yo contact the developer.

John