The simFlight Network Forums

CTD by load autosave

Pipo

Hi all, Autosave is configured correctly, the files (every 60 seconds) are listed under "... Microsoft Flight Simulator" as described in the manual. For every record I have 3 files (AutoSave SAT 174348.FLT, also AutoSave Sat 174348.FLT and AutoSave Sat 174348.jpcbin). Now I tried to reload a flight after an exit the MSFS2020 during a flight (just to know if it works or not). After loading MSFS again, then opening a new flight on the field "world", then "Load", then I can see only FLT-Files, what seems to be ok. If I choose now the file "AutoSave SAT 174348.FLT" as exemple, the MSFS2020 makes every time a CTD.

Question: what am I doing wrong? I'd like to use the function AutoSave for reloading a situation in the air when the MSFS makes CTD during a flight. I have had the situation of CTD after 3h of flight just before landing, very bad. Can somebody help me and tell me what I have to do to make Autosaves working? I have FSUIP7 V7408, MSFS2020 with all updates, W11 with all updates and Bitdefender Total Security. Enough space on SSD separated for MSFS.

Sorry for my bad english!

Best regards Markus

Sorry, me again

correction: ....... (AutoSave SAT 174348.FLT, then AutoSave SAT 174348.ipcbin, then AutoSave SAT 174348.SPB)   <-- this are the files in the correct order

First you have to be aware that the flight load/save/auto-save functionality provided by FSUIPC completely rely on the functions provided by the MSFS SDK, namely the SimConnect functions SimConnect_FlightLoad and SimConnect_FlightSave (as well as SimConnect_FlightPlanLoad). Although the SimConnect_FlightLoad function is documented as working, the SimConnect_FlightSave function (as well as the SimConnect_FlightPlanLoad function) is still documented as 'NOTE: The current status of this function is NO ERROR, NO RESPONSE.', which is Asobo's way of saying that this function is still not 100% working/reliable, It has been this way since release.

Therefore the saving and loading of flights is still not 100% reliable, although some users have reported more success with this than others (maybe aircraft dependent). If it is not working, I cannot do much about this - you can try raising a bug request with Asobo, but they may reject this if the flight file is generated by the SimConnect_FlightSave function as they are already aware of issues with this.

Flight files generated by MSFS2020 itself and those generated by external apps (using SimConnect_FlightSaveshould be compatible/the same, but this may not actually be the case at the moment. You could try loading the flight file via FSUIPC7 (File -> Load Flight) to see if that makes a difference. You can do this either when in the World Map, or when you already have an aircraft loaded and ready-to-fly.

John

Thank you, John,

unfortunately not a good answer ......, I hoped so much that I can proceed with a flight when I have a CTD. So I (and all the others) have to wait for Microsoft. Hopefully they have not forgotten the issue! Thank you for your effort with MS. Bytheway: by clicking on "Load ..." in FSUIPC, the next step is CTD.

Markus