The simFlight Network Forums

Black Square Baron B58P - Binding to Lvars in FS2020 using FSUIPC7

My Main Switch Panel for my DIY Cockpit build has a number of Single Pole Double Throw toggle switches (ON-ON); two of which are labelled "L_ALT" and "R-ALT".

These are wired to a couple of BU0836 Bodnar boards.

I want these two switches to control the positions of the left and right Alternator switches of the Black Square Baron B58P in FS2020.

From within FS2020, in "Devmode/Tools/Behaviors/LocalVariables" I can see a couple of likely candidates for binding named "BKSQ_alternatorSwitch_L" and "BKSQ_alternatorSwitch_R".

However, these are not showing up in the FSUPC7 dropdown list "Control to be sent when button pressed".

They are not exposed in the "Options/Controls" search from within FS2020 either, (or in SPAD, or Axis&Ohs)

So I cannot get these switches to work.

Can someone point me in the right direction with this problem please?

12 hours ago, David Wilkinson said:

However, these are not showing up in the FSUPC7 dropdown list "Control to be sent when button pressed".

You need to use the lvars, not the standard FS controls. The easiest way to do this is to use the available presets. Check the Select for Preset box, click the Find Preset... button, and navigate to the Black Box->AnalogBaron presets, and under Electrical you will see the following presets:
     LEFT_ALTERNATOR_OFF
     LEFT_ALTERNATOR_ON
     RIGHT_ALTERNATOR_OFF
     RIGHT_ALTERNATOR_ON

Try assigning to those. However, looking at the calculator code for those presets, it looks like the *_ON ones are toggles (but not the *_OFF ones) for some reason.
You can either use those or define your own presets. Alternatively, you can add the lvars BKSQ_alternatorSwitch_R and BKSQ_alternatorSwitch_L to free/spare FSUIPC offsets and assign to the provided offset controls to set/clear the lvars via the offsets.

John

Thank you once again John,

Your input "The easiest way to do this. . . ."  is most helpful indeed.  Thank you.

I have found that I cannot use my type of switches to trigger any "Toggle" action. 

What I see happening in the sim is the virtual switch rapidly toggling until I move my switch back to off.

So the information you provided regarding adding the Lvars is the answer to my question.

Very much appreciated indeed.

14 hours ago, David Wilkinson said:

What I see happening in the sim is the virtual switch rapidly toggling until I move my switch back to off.

Sounds like you have checked the Control to repeat while held checkbox. Uncheck that and try again.