The simFlight Network Forums

Multiple Problems

nomadrc

The following is happening:

1) FSUIPC will not load the Button Press & Switch and the Axes Assignments if it is started before a flight is fully loaded in (i.e. started during initial MSFS startup after its update checks). The settings exist in my .ini file but are not loaded until I manually close FSUIPC and then re-open it AFTER a flight is fully loaded in.

2) Input events I had previously successfully set and tested and used in flight for the Condition Lever (High/Low Idle lever movement in the Black Square Analog C208) do something weird every time I restart MSFS or even go back to the main menu and then start a different flight. Only the low idle works. The high idle I previously had working stops working at all. If I go to the "Axes Assignments" page and hit "Rescan" in an effort to check the Condition Lever, FSUIPC crashes (closes without warning). The only way to fix this is to manually remove the relevant Input Event settings from the [Axes] Section of my FSUIPC.ini file, save, and then re-start FSUIPC and re-create the Input Events from scratch. This of course only lasts for that flight, then it goes back to the broken way it was.

These problems only started after the most recent Sim Update and/or the last 2 or 3 most-recent minor revisions of FSUIPC (maybe before 7.4.6?) ... I'm not sure if its FSUIPC or the Sim Updates to be honest. My point is I didn't have either problem until recently. I attached my FSUIPC.ini, FSUIPC.log(no additional logging on), and InstallFSUIPC7.log files . The FSUIPC.log file is from just starting FSUIPC and doing nothing before attaching it. If you want me to turn other types of logging on and resend, please let me know. Hoping to resolve this!

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log InstallFSUIPC7.log

7 hours ago, nomadrc said:

1) FSUIPC will not load the Button Press & Switch and the Axes Assignments if it is started before a flight is fully loaded in (i.e. started during initial MSFS startup after its update checks). The settings exist in my .ini file but are not loaded until I manually close FSUIPC and then re-open it AFTER a flight is fully loaded in.

Are you starting FSUIPC7 manually or are you using the auto-start feature? Can you show me a log file showing this issue please. Once FSUIPC7 is running, activate logging for Buttons & Keys, load an aircraft and then press a button and key that has an assignment, and then exit FSUIPC7 before attaching your FSUIPC7.log file.

7 hours ago, nomadrc said:

2) Input events I had previously successfully set and tested and used in flight for the Condition Lever (High/Low Idle lever movement in the Black Square Analog C208) do something weird every time I restart MSFS or even go back to the main menu and then start a different flight. Only the low idle works. The high idle I previously had working stops working at all. If I go to the "Axes Assignments" page and hit "Rescan" in an effort to check the Condition Lever, FSUIPC crashes (closes without warning). The only way to fix this is to manually remove the relevant Input Event settings from the [Axes] Section of my FSUIPC.ini file, save, and then re-start FSUIPC and re-create the Input Events from scratch. This of course only lasts for that flight, then it goes back to the broken way it was.

I will perform some tests here to check this, but you should really only be using Input Event assignments in aircraft profiles as they are always aircraft specific. I will also need to see a log file showing this issue, but let me check here first and lets deal with the other issue first.

John

11 hours ago, nomadrc said:

I can see this issue. Please try the attached version where this should be corrected.

This was due to an error on my part - I removed (commented-out) some code that determined the Input Event control number from the name when the number was not available as I had added additional code to reload assignments once Input Events are loaded which would also set the correct control number. However, I then removed this additional code as it was creating further issues and forgot to re-active/uncomment the original code. Sorry about that.

John

FSUIPC7.exe

• Like 1

Thank you kindly John for your quick resolution of my issue. I tested the modified binary you sent me, all Input Events are recognized, also there seems to be no problem with FSUIPC loading during MSFS startup at all, I may have been conflating these two issues. All is well!

*P.S.  I did just notice that when I quit a flight, return to the Main Menu, and then load into a new flight, FSUIPC seems to have closed and does not restart, I have to manually restart it. Not sure if this is intended behavior or something I missed, anyway its not a big deal. I do have the options 'Auto-Connect to FS', 'Exit with FS', and 'Open on Start' all enabled.

3 hours ago, nomadrc said:

Thank you kindly John for your quick resolution of my issue. I tested the modified binary you sent me, all Input Events are recognized, also there seems to be no problem with FSUIPC loading during MSFS startup at all, I may have been conflating these two issues. All is well!

Ok, thanks for the update.

3 hours ago, nomadrc said:

P.S.  I did just notice that when I quit a flight, return to the Main Menu, and then load into a new flight, FSUIPC seems to have closed and does not restart, I have to manually restart it. Not sure if this is intended behavior or something I missed, anyway its not a big deal. I do have the options 'Auto-Connect to FS', 'Exit with FS', and 'Open on Start' all enabled.

There should be no problem when stopping a flight, going back to the main menu and starting a new one. Please show me a log file (no additional logging required) showing your issue, i.e. when starting a new flight, if FSUIPC7 isn't functioning as expected, close FSUIPC7 and attach the log file here.

John

• Like 1