The simFlight Network Forums

Not all programmed Press Key work properly.

Hello

This is my second problem. First my PC: High end video from NVIDIA, 32GB RAM, 500GB HSSdisc, 1TB hard disc after all the installations: 500GB free space, Windows 11, Prepar3D v4.5, FSUIPC6 Registered. After the second installation worked everything as required. I started my first contact with FSUIPC6 to program a few press Key. I deleted them as far as necessary P3d options and in the FMC of the PMDG airplanes. I made a profile. B777 and 7 or 8 PressKey.YYou can find the at the end of the *.ini file. At this moment I will not say wich Press Key don't work. Is there a possiblity that you can predict from the *.ini file which one is not working. If you need to know wich one, of I tell you. Gooog luck and sincerely, Hans Weijers.

FSUIPC6.ini FSUIPC6.log

All key press assignments will "work", i.e. they will send the assigned control to the FS. What may not be working is specific controls in the PMDG aircraft - you need to use the custom controls. So, for example, these are the custom controls for the spoilers/speed brake:

// Pedestal - Control Stand
//
#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_SPEED_BRAKE_LEVER                (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 498)    
#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_SPEED_BRAKE_LEVER_DOWN        (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 4981)
#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_SPEED_BRAKE_LEVER_ARM            (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 4982)
#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_SPEED_BRAKE_LEVER_UP            (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 4983)
#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_SPEED_BRAKE_LEVER_50            (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 4984)

and these for the flaps:

#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_FLAPS_LEVER                    (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 507)            
#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_FLAPS_LEVER_0                    (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 5071)
#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_FLAPS_LEVER_1                    (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 5072)
#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_FLAPS_LEVER_5                    (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 5073)
#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_FLAPS_LEVER_15                (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 5074)
#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_FLAPS_LEVER_20                (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 5075)
#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_FLAPS_LEVER_25                (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 5076)
#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_FLAPS_LEVER_30                (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 5077)

To use custom controls, please see the following FAQ entry: 

John

Thank you for your extended answer. My problem was: I started the use of a sim in 2016. Now I am almost  88 years old and I learned it all by myself.  Your software is university required stuff and I am around graduating now. About thge PDF's: I understand your irritation, but the first download of the FSUIPC6 file contained all the manuals and I could print them just as they are, without Adobe. But nevertheless thank you very much for your help and I have much stuff to study. Sincerely, hans Weijers.

6 minutes ago, HansW said:

About thge PDF's: I understand your irritation, but the first download of the FSUIPC6 file contained all the manuals and I could print them just as they are, without Adobe.

The manuals are always included in the installer and are installed as long as they have not been deselected from installation. I really don't understand the issues you are reporting with this. Can you not open the Advanced User manual pdf? You don't need Adobe, but you do need a pdf reader and always have. Most browsers can also open pdf files, but I use Foxit.

John