The simFlight Network Forums

Calibration restricted message

**** Moved to FSUIPC7 support sub-forum ****

Hi Pete,

Since last FSUIPC7 v7.4.10 update for MSFS2020. I started sim and took a few more time to load main menu. Then When loading a flight and launch FSLTL traffic injector I received the message " Simconnect connection failed : ensure MSFS is open and loaded to or past the Main Menu, trying again in 30 seconds". Once in flight, I opene FSUIPC axes menu and receive the message "Calibration restricted: Please note that as are you not connected to FS, you can only calibrate axes that have been assigned in FSUIPC"

No other changes or installations were made before this issue. I appreciate your support. Thanks in advance

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to FSUIPC7 support forum

First, you posted in the main support forum, Please use the sub-forum for FSUIPC7 if your issue/question is with this product, I have moved your post.

25 minutes ago, Francisco Sanchez said:

Since last FSUIPC7 v7.4.10 update for MSFS2020. I started sim and took a few more time to load main menu.

FSUIPC7 has practically no influence on how log it takes MSFS to start-up and load to the main menu. However, in the latest version there is a delay between when FSUIPC7 detects that MSFS is running and when it attempts to connect. The default for this value is 60 (seconds), and can be adjusted by using the new ini parameter DetectToConnectDelayAuto (or DetectToConnectDelay if starting manually, which has a default of 1 second).

Then When loading a flight and launch FSLTL traffic injector I received the message " Simconnect connection failed : ensure MSFS is open and loaded to or past the Main Menu, trying again in 30 seconds".

Is that a 3rd-party app that connects to MSFS or to FSUIPC7? Sounds like it is trying to connect to MSFS, which has nothing to do with FSUIPC7.

Once in flight, I opene FSUIPC axes menu and receive the message "Calibration restricted: Please note that as are you not connected to FS, you can only calibrate axes that have been assigned in FSUIPC"

That indicates that FSUIPC7 could not connect to MSFS.

Can you please show me/attach your FSUIPC7.log file please. As you are a new user you will have a restricted limit for uploading files, so you will  probably need to compress/zip this file before attaching. Also please make sure that you exit FSUIPC7 before attaching the log file. Also attach your FSYUPC7.ini file (better in a separate post, and also zipped/compressed if too large).

John

Posted (edited)

Hi John,

Thanks for replying and supporting. First of all sorry for posting in the wrong forum. It`s the first time I use it. 

1) Where is the new ini parameter? I see only fsuipc.ini file in the main folder.

2) FSLTL traffic is a 3rd-party app that injects ai traffic to the simulator based-on Flightradar24.com site. Although it has nothing to do with FSUIPC, it is directly related to simconnect, and this last one is the one that presents problems since the FSUIPC update. (Sinconnect connection failed).

3) There is another report from other users that experienced the same issue. You can check here: 

I also attach my log file as requested and hope there is a solution. 

Thanks for supporting. 

Francisco

FSUIPC7.log

Edited by Francisco Sanchez

10 hours ago, Francisco Sanchez said:

I also attach my log file as requested and hope there is a solution. 

Your log shows that FSUIPC7 cannot connect to MSFS for some reason. What happens if you exit FSUI{C7 and then restart it manually when MSFS is in the main menu? Can you try that please and show me the log file.

10 hours ago, Francisco Sanchez said:

1) Where is the new ini parameter? I see only fsuipc.ini file in the main folder.

You add this ini parameter to the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file when needed. I am not sure if this will help, but try adding
    DetectToConnectDelayAuto=300

John