The simFlight Network Forums

FSIUPC7 and COM ports

Soze

I have been using an older FSIUPC for FSX for connecting my PFC COM port equipment to the game. I have recently moved over to the new MFS2020 and I have been struggling with the new software. I only have FSIUPC7 (and the free trial key). Is there any software or method to connect COM port devices using FSIUPC7 or does it not have that functionality?

11 hours ago, Soze said:

I have been using an older FSIUPC for FSX for connecting my PFC COM port equipment to the game. I have recently moved over to the new MFS2020 and I have been struggling with the new software. I only have FSIUPC7 (and the free trial key). Is there any software or method to connect COM port devices using FSIUPC7 or does it not have that functionality?

Using PFC COM devices in FSUIPC7 / MSFS2020 is pretty much the same as using them in FSUIPC4 / FXX - you need to install the appropriate PFC com driver. The only difference is that for FSUIPC4 you would use the 32-bit driver (PFC.dll) and for FSUIPC7 you need the 64-bit driver (PFCcom64.dll) - all available from fsuipc.com,

COM functionality in FSUIPC7 is pretty much exactly  the same as in earlier versions.

John

Posted (edited)

The drivers worked and allowed it to connect to the game. However, only the rudder was working. Is there any simple COM port menu similar to the FSIUPC found on FSX to change assignments and settings or is it just the complex one under assignments?

Edited by Soze
Wanted to add info

4 minutes ago, Soze said:

Is there any simple COM port menu similar to the FSIUPC found on FSX to change assignments and settings

Yes - look under the Add-ons -> PFC menu. The PFC driver for MSFS is the same as the one for FSX, except that it is 64-bit vs 32-bit. Please see the PFC.DLL User Guide document - this is valid for both the 32-bit PFC.com driver and the 64-bit PFCcom64.dll driver.

John

5 hours ago, Soze said:

Sorry for dragging this on but is there any way to bind eng 1 and 2 to also control 3 and 4? 

Looking at the PFC.dll user document it doesn't seem possible when assigning in the dll.

However, you should be able to do this when assigning/calbrating in FSUIPC, using the "Map 1->12, 2->34" option in the throttle calibration pages.