The simFlight Network Forums

Registration Issue

Before you berate or humiliate me or make me feel like a complete idiot, i believe I have tried everything in an attempt to register my paid copy of FSUIPC -Ive tried disabling the anti virus, i copied and pasted my details including the key, Ive read and reread all the documentaion and still I can not register.

I would appreciate your awssistance

\

many thanks

steve

README.txt

40 minutes ago, steve vavlas said:

Before you berate or humiliate me or make me feel like a complete idiot,

Strange way to start a support request...

i believe I have tried everything in an attempt to register my paid copy of FSUIPC

What version of FSUIPC are you using? As you attached the README.txt (why?) from FSUIPC7, I suspect that you are using FSUIPC7, in which case you posted in the wrong forum. There is a specific sub-forum for FSUIPC7 - please use that sub-forum for all issues with FSUIPC7. I will move your post.

Ive tried disabling the anti virus, i copied and pasted my details including the key, Ive read and reread all the documentaion and still I can not register.

Have you tried updating your VC++ redistributables, as indicated in the README.txt that you attached (for some unknown reason - I have and distribute that, no need to send it back to me!):

2. You do not have the required VC++ redistributables installed. Please download and install
   the latest combined (ie. 2015, 2017, 2019 & 2022) redistributable packages, both x64 and x86, from
      https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist

This accounts for 95% of the problems that people have with registration, with the other 5% being user error...

If you have done that, then please let me know your FSUIPC order number (do NOT post your key details) and I will check them here.

Did you also see the section Invalid Key Problems in the Installation and Registration guide? If not, please also read that - that also tells you to update your VC++ redistributrables, and gives instructions on how to manually create the key file, normally only needed for people who use unicode.

John

14 hours ago, steve vavlas said:

I just checked again, to be sure my ororder   number is 3426019.

I just checked your details here and they are fine. I have PM'ed you a key file to try - please see if this validates in the installer, and if FSUIPC7 is running as registered.

John