The simFlight Network Forums

Missing Joystick - Fulcrum One Yoke

Hi,

Looks like my Fulcrum is showing up as missing in the config file now. I didn't make any changes myself to my setup. Started it today and the yoke was not responding. I tried other USB ports, and JoyID to change the slot, but FSUIPC is still not detecting it. The Fulcrum is showing up and apparently functioning in Windows Devices, MSFS and Spad.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Troy

FSUIPC7.JoyScan.csv FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7.ini

Aggh, :

203 Product= Fulcrum One Yoke
      203    Manufacturer= Vitaly [mega_mozg] Naidentsev
      203    Serial Number= MMJoy2-Fulcrum-08
      203    Vendor=0000, Product=0000 (Version 0.1)
      203 **** Ignoring device with VendorId=0000, ProductId=0000 ****

I added a new facility to allow a device to be ignored, and when this is not used it defaults to using a device with product and vendor ids of 0000, which is what your Fulcrum One Yoke has registered with (for some reason...!).

I am not sure why your device hasn't given a non-null vendor/product id, but FSUIPC still should not ignore this. I will correct this in the next update, but for now please add
     IgnoreDevice=0xFFFF,0xFFFF
to the [JoyNames] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file. This will then ignore that device rather than defaulting to the vendor/product values of your Yoke.

Sorry about that.

John

4 minutes ago, vanislepilot said:

Understood, so after your next update I should be back in business?

You can be back in business now by adding that ini parameter, as suggested. I have no idea when the next release will be, but hopefully not for quite a while...

John

I tried it as per your instructions, but still no joy, so I reverted back to .11 and used my original ini and it's working again. Problem solved I guess and I'll look forward to the next update. Thanks for the help!

Just now, vanislepilot said:

I tried it as per your instructions, but still no joy,

Can you show me your ini and log files for this please? That should certainly work, and something else must be going on if not...

Hi,

I have the same problem, 2 device are ignored now by FSUIPC (vendor = 0000 product id = 0000).

Those are special electronic cards devices:  IOCard_USB_Axe made by Opencockpit.com (connected B737 TQ Throttle Quadrant)

They probably never had vendor id or product id.

I have been using those card with FSUIPC since fsx !

I will try the solution above.

Thank you again for FSUIPC i use since many years !

I have the exact problem with the same yoke. I have also found that my A2A Comanche trim runs away right after takeoff. I am using the Bravo quadrant configured through SpadNext. When I disable FSUIPC all is well. 

Unfortunately, though I have gone back to the Ver I have been using since Feb 29th (I am not at the computer to check the actual ver.), it appears the trim problem has attached itself to this older Ver., but my Yoke is working again.

I am still waiting to see a FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC7.ini file showing this issue, when you have added
    IgnoreDevice=0xFFFF,0xFFFF
to the [JoyNames] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file. 

That should be a temporary fix for this issue, and if that does not work then I need to see those files to determine why.

John

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I would still like to see log and ini files with IgnoreDevice added, as specified above, as this should fix this issue. I have also corrected this in the attached, i.e. this should work without adding IgnoreDevice.

John,

The above FSUIPC7.exe file you posted has fixed the Fulcrum yoke issue for me.  Thank you.

Does this give you the info you need, or would you still like me to go back and reinstall ver 7.4.12 and then insert IgnoreDevice=0xFFFF,0xFFFF into the [Joy Names] section of the FSUJIPC7.ini file to see if that works also?

Al

6 minutes ago, ark1320 said:

The above FSUIPC7.exe file you posted has fixed the Fulcrum yoke issue for me.  Thank you.

Ok, thanks for checking and reporting back.

5 minutes ago, ark1320 said:

Does this give you the info you need, or would you still like me to go back and reinstall ver 7.4.12 and then insert IgnoreDevice=0xFFFF,0xFFFF into the [Joy Names] section of the FSUJIPC7.ini file to see if that works also?

Yes please - I would like to know that that (temporary) fix also works as @vanislepilot and @tango3000 reported that this didn't work, but did not provide any log or ini files so that I can check this. I suspect that they were not adding that ini parameter correctly, but I need to see the files to see if there is an issue.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Yes please - I would like to know that that (temporary) fix also works as @vanislepilot and @tango3000 reported that this didn't work, but did not provide any log or ini files so that I can check this. I suspect that they were not adding that ini parameter correctly, but I need to see the files to see if there is an issue.

I added ignoreDevice=0xFFFF,0xFFFF into the [Joy Names] section of the FSUJIPC7.ini file and then reran the FSUIPC7.7.4.12 installer and started the sim. The Fulcrum yoke worked. 

BTW, the Logitech joystick was not plugged in, so that's why it was "missing".

Al

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log InstallFSUIPC7.log

37 minutes ago, ark1320 said:

I added ignoreDevice=0xFFFF,0xFFFF into the [Joy Names] section of the FSUJIPC7.ini file and then reran the FSUIPC7.7.4.12 installer and started the sim. The Fulcrum yoke worked. 

Ok, thanks for confirming. No need for the log files. Not sure why others are reporting issues with this fix.

John

5 hours ago, ark1320 said:

BTW, the Logitech joystick was not plugged in, so that's why it was "missing".

Al

FSUIPC7.ini 35.64 kB · 0 downloads FSUIPC7.log 12.93 kB · 1 download InstallFSUIPC7.log 9.06 kB · 0 downloads

Looks like the key to getting this fix to work for me was updating the JoyNames line prior to installing .12 again, and then running the installer as you did. No issues for me here now. Thanks for the help. Files attached just in case.

Troy

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.JoyScan.csv FSUIPC7.log

11 hours ago, vanislepilot said:

Looks like the key to getting this fix to work for me was updating the JoyNames line prior to installing .12 again, and then running the installer as you did.

No, this is certainly not necessary. The ini file is only read by the FSUIPC7 application and has nothing to do with the installer.

@vanislepilot should also try using substrings for your aircraft profile names. For example, change:

[Profile.B737NG]
1=PMDG 737-700BDSF Prime Air
2=PMDG 737-700BBJ Canadian Airlines Birds of PEC
3=PMDG 737-700 SWA (N257WN)

to

[Profile.B737NG]
1=PMDG 737-700

This will then match all PMDG liveries, or all aircraft that contain the substring  'PMDG 737-700' in the aircraft title.
You should do this for all you profiles (i.e. use substrings for the aircraft names), and you should shorten an aircraft name added to a profile each time you add an aircraft to a profile.
This will then allow the profile to be loaded when using the same aircraft with other liveries.

John

I added again ignoreDevice=0xFFFF,0xFFFF into the [Joy Names] section of the FSUJIPC7.ini file and then reran the FSUIPC7.7.4.12 installer 

This time devices are now correctly detected and work ok.

10 hours ago, tango3000 said:

and then reran the FSUIPC7.7.4.12 installer 

As I said above, there really is no point re-running the installer as this does absolutely nothing for this issue. A re-installation of the same version installed (using the same locations and selected components) will make no difference to anything (except in the extremely rare case of some sort of file corruption). It can't do any harm either.

Thanks John, got my key presses back. Of course I had to make new assignments for the yoke, 7 in all! Where do I find the time? 😀

So sorry I posted in the wrong thread. I'd like to say it won't happen again but don't bet on it. 🙄

3 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

got my key presses back.

This is nothing to do with the 'device ignored' issue. If you lost key presses, this will be a timing issue. Please show me your FSUIPC7.log file and I can check the auto-start parameters.

4 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Of course I had to make new assignments for the yoke, 7 in all!

You shouldn't need to do this, unless you manually removed your initial assignments. Even when a device is not available, the assignments are still kept. If the assignments were lost and you didn't remove them, then this is probably because a new name or GUID was assigned to the device, and the fix for this is to manually edit the FSUIPC7.ini not re-add the assignments. Attach your FSUIPC7.ini, and I will check if the old assignments are still there and clean-up your ini file for you.

John

I lost my 'key presses' back because the yoke wasn't being recognised. Now, thanks  to you providing the wherewithal i.e. the new 7.4.13a .exe my yoke is now recognised so that I can assign key presses to buttons on said yoke. I had to make new assignments because the yoke now has a different code #243728C0-B24E-11EB-8001-444553540000

Did I say thank you?

45 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

I had to make new assignments because the yoke now has a different code #243728C0-B24E-11EB-8001-444553540000

Thats the GUID - see my previous comment. You don't have to make new assignments, a simple edit of the ini file would fix it. A new letter will be assigned to the new GUID, you just have to change that letter to the original (also on device name), and then delete the original lines using  that letter. Try that the next time a GUID changes - or post your ini and I can adjust for you.

John

On 5/28/2024 at 3:49 AM, John Dowson said:

No, this is certainly not necessary. The ini file is only read by the FSUIPC7 application and has nothing to do with the installer.

@vanislepilot should also try using substrings for your aircraft profile names. For example, change:

to

This will then match all PMDG liveries, or all aircraft that contain the substring  'PMDG 737-700' in the aircraft title.
You should do this for all you profiles (i.e. use substrings for the aircraft names), and you should shorten an aircraft name added to a profile each time you add an aircraft to a profile.
This will then allow the profile to be loaded when using the same aircraft with other liveries.

John

Thanks for the tips John, they are appreciated!