The simFlight Network Forums

Cannot run FSUIPC7 installer, cannot open README.txt

Hello all,

I've been trying to download fscuipc7 and it wont work. When I try double clicking on it It wont do anything also i ahve tried running as administrator but still wont work any suggestions.

Also when i try click on the read me it will come up with this-

explorer_TydopfGGBx.png

53 minutes ago, charlievine20 said:

When I try double clicking on it It wont do anything

Double-click on what? If you are double-clicking the FSUIPC7.exe (after installation) and that does not start FSUIPC7 (you should see a splash screen)

Have you installed FSUIPC7? if so, please show me your installation log.

If you cannot run the installer, then you probably need to update your VC++ redistributables.

53 minutes ago, charlievine20 said:

Also when i try click on the read me it will come up with this-

explorer_TydopfGGBx.png

I'm sorry but I cannot help with this - if you have extracted the zip file you downloaded, then you should be able to open the README.txt in any editor. If you cannot do this, it is a windows issue on your machine that you need to resolve - I cannot help with this. I have attached the README.txt.

And please give your posts an appropriate title - FSCUIPC7 (sic) means nothing, and a title of FSUIPC7 would apply to every post in this forum, as this IS the FSUIPC7 support forum. I will update it this time.

John

README.txt

• John Dowson changed the title to Cannot run FSUIPC7, cannot open README.txt
8 minutes ago, charlievine20 said:

No the FSCUIPC7 wont install at all and not sure why?

I also have no idea why either ,and no idea what you are doing. If you want help, please answer any questions I ask and explain clearly what you are doing.

The installation of FSUIPC is straight-forward and should not be difficult:

1. Download the latest Install_FSUIPC7.zip file from www.fsuipc.com
    2. unzip the file
    3. open and read the Installing and Registering FSUIPC7.pdf document and also take a look at the README.txt
    3. Double-click the Install_FSUIPC7.exe file, which will start the installation process.

If there are any problems, check any anti-virus software that you have running to see if it has blocked or quarantined anything, and if so either add an exception to allow the installer to run, or disable your anti-virus software before downloading/extracting or running the installer, whichever part is being blocked.

Posted (edited)

but the problem is when i double click the Install_FSUIPC7.exe it wont do anything nothing pops up?

I also have microsoft defender turned off and the latest visual code installed

Edited by charlievine20

17 minutes ago, charlievine20 said:

but the problem is when i double click the Install_FSUIPC7.exe it wont do anything nothing pops up?

When you double-click it, a message should pop-up asking you if you want to allow an app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your system. You have to agree to this and then the installer will run.

If you do not see such a box, then check your task bar (for a shield - it may be iconised). If it is not there, then check the Windows Event Viewer to see if anything is reported there.

You must run the installer from an account that can have elevated privileges.

If none of this works, I can't help you I am afraid. Try google, e.g.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/try-windows-software-wont-install/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-installer-wont-open-on-windows-11/b9a0a715-b829-4c21-a920-ce7fe4cd6e71

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/exe-installer-files-wont-run-on-my-computer.1757906

I am sure your answer lies there somewhere...

John

• John Dowson changed the title to Cannot run FSUIPC7 installer, cannot open README.txt
On 6/1/2024 at 11:01 AM, John Dowson said:

Maybe check the security properties of the installer - right-click and select properties. The security tab should look similar to this:

image.png.02ad4e59b42373f21407255fbd963eac.png

Check that it has the correct permissions.

John

Were you able to check issue that I asked last week....? I had issue with installations as well where it reports that .PDF won't install and process stops. I removed FSUIPC thinking that fresh install will help. But it didn't. Now when I launch MSFS, on it's own I am getting still FSUIPC, which means it works with some old version of yours. I mean it works but I can't download latest version and use it.

Thanks

1 minute ago, alexanderluzajic said:

Were you able to check issue that I asked last week....?

I presume it is this one:

If so, please post in that topic.  If so, I have already responded there - have you read that response?

I have no idea why people are having such problems with the installer - there has been no change in the installer for a long time (over a year), except for the files that it installs.
Do you have an InstallFSUIPC7.log? If so, show me that. But PLEASE use the topic you created for your issue, and not post in topics for other issues which are not the same.
And make sure you run the installer from Windows Explorer, not in WinRar.

13 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

I presume it is this one:

If so, please post in that topic.  If so, I have already responded there - have you read that response?

I have no idea why people are having such problems with the installer - there has been no change in the installer for a long time (over a year), except for the files that it installs.
Do you have an InstallFSUIPC7.log? If so, show me that. But PLEASE use the topic you created for your issue, and not post in topics for other issues which are not the same.
And make sure you run the installer from Windows Explorer, not in WinRar.

Yes John, I responded right away. And yes I am using win.RAR to extract files as always. And like every time, always worked, but it get stuck on odd place.

image.png.9668b3fc13ae70ea33091055c91b6fde.png

3 hours ago, John Dowson said:

@alexanderluzajic Can you PLEASE read my comments - I am not going to respond to you here, please use your original topic.

And I responded to your response., in your original topic.

For some reason I had installed in my community folder as well. Not sure if that need to be there. I deleted that old, removed FSUIPC from PC (before that I unistalled everything), downloaded fresh copy and installed new version. Appears to be OK now. Not sure why I had installed in several places. 

Thanks