The simFlight Network Forums

Is it possible to re-activate altitude callouts on approach?

Hi all,

I'm used to 'merging' different exterior models with existing VC's and systems for my own personal use in MSFS.

Right now I have an A350-900 exterior with FBW VC flying quite nicely...

However, this method deactivates the altitude alerts / callouts on approach - i.e. 1000', 500', etc. etc.

Does anyone know how I could re-activate these callouts via FSUIPC?

Any ideas?

Thanks, Dave.

p.s. Forgive me - I already posted this request on the FS Developer forum but received no reply so I thought you folk might be able to help...

20 minutes ago, DaveTorkington said:

However, this method deactivates the altitude alerts / callouts on approach - i.e. 1000', 500', etc. etc.

Does anyone know how I could re-activate these callouts via FSUIPC?

Any ideas?

That really depends on how and what those altitude alerts / callouts are triggered by - can you explain?
Are you referring to MSFS functionality, in which case you should probably ask on the Asobo forums, or are you using FSUIPC7 in some way for these alerts / callouts?

John

Hi John,

I'm referring to MSFS functionality so I guess I'll try the Asobo forum.

I posted the request for help here because of this post re. LUA script by ark1320...

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/97598-approach-callouts-for-msfs/

However, I'm completely ignorant of how or even if I could use and adapt this code / wav files.

Many thanks for your reply,

Dave.

1 minute ago, DaveTorkington said:

I posted the request for help here because of this post re. LUA script by ark1320...

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/97598-approach-callouts-for-msfs/

The OP for that post was using lua scripts via FSUIPC7, so that is/was an FSUIPC issue. If your callouts are nothing to do with FSUIPC7, I cannot help.

If your callouts are via MSFS (and not FSUIPC7), then I really cannot help with this - use the Asobo forums, as I said,

If using FSUIPC7, please make sure you are using the latest version, 7.4.13, released a couple of days ago.

John

Hi again,

Ultimately I ended up using FSUIPC7 to activate approach callouts in MSFS with the .lua script kindly shared [ApprCallOutMSFS.lua] by ark1320.

They're working perfectly!

Setting up a shortcutkey to activate / deactivate the .lua file via FSUIPC7 is straightforward.... I'm not sure if there's an idiot proof way to activate the script only with a particular aircraft but I'll do some reading up.

Best regards, Dave.

2 hours ago, DaveTorkington said:

Setting up a shortcutkey to activate / deactivate the .lua file via FSUIPC7 is straightforward.... I'm not sure if there's an idiot proof way to activate the script only with a particular aircraft but I'll do some reading up.

If you want to always run the script when you use a particular aircraft, then you need to use a profile for the aircraft and add an [Auto] section to the profile, i.e. [Auto.xxx] where xxx is the profile name (or just [Auto] if using profiles-in-separate-files). See the Advanced User manual, page 40, section Automatic running of Macros and Lua plugins.

John