The simFlight Network Forums

FSUPIC stopped working in FS9 for no reason at all (Yes I am still using FS9!)

Hi

Please can you help solving this mystery.

For years I've been using a registered version of FSUIPC 3.70 for FS9 without any issues. The only software I use that uses it is FSRealWXLite.

However one day it just stopped working, out of the blue, no warning. FSRealWXLite just cannot connect to FS9. The log keeps saying FSUIPC: IPC sendmessage failed all retries

I downloaded FSUIPC version 3.99 and entered the free user registeration. The installer stated that it was installed correctly and the registatrion has been entered but when in  the sim, under modules it says that FSUIPC is still unregistered even though I entered it at the installer.

When checking FSRealWXLite, it still cannot connect. 

I thought it was a FSRealWXLite issue, but I installed the FSEconomy Client for FS9 that wouldn't connect either.

Funny thing is that if I revert back to Version 3.70 of FSUIPC, it says it's now registered with the free user username whereas 3.99 wasn't

I've tried everything, deleting the FSUPIC.DLL completely and reinstalling it but nothing works. 

It's coming up within the sim under Modules but nothing can actually connect to it.

I do not know why it was working for years without issues and then suddenly just stops

Any help will be appreciated 🙂

thanks 

Edited by pchynoweth

9 hours ago, pchynoweth said:

However one day it just stopped working, out of the blue, no warning. FSRealWXLite just cannot connect to FS9. The log keeps saying FSUIPC: IPC sendmessage failed all retries

No idea what could cause this - maybe check any windows logs. Also check that you are running both applications at the same level - if you are running one with admin privileges and the other without, then they will not connect.

9 hours ago, pchynoweth said:

I thought it was a FSRealWXLite issue, but I installed the FSEconomy Client for FS9 that wouldn't connect either.

Funny thing is that if I revert back to Version 3.70 of FSUIPC, it says it's now registered with the free user username whereas 3.99 wasn't

I've tried everything, deleting the FSUPIC.DLL completely and reinstalling it but nothing works. 

It's coming up within the sim under Modules but nothing can actually connect to it.

I have never used or see FS9 or FSUIPC3 - both way before my time I'm afraid, so I don't think I can help you much. You probably don't need a license anyway if just using to connect a 3rd party app (but I am not sure about this). If you attach your FSUIPC3.log file I can take a look but I am not sure there is anything I can do...

John

12 hours ago, pchynoweth said:

I downloaded FSUIPC version 3.99 and entered the free user registeration. The installer stated that it was installed correctly and the registatrion has been entered but when in  the sim, under modules it says that FSUIPC is still unregistered even though I entered it at the installer.

Is this the z9b version? If not, please download and install that from 

There is a note on that version that says:

-- The z9b update merely enables Registrations purchased after the end of 2015 (and until FSUIPC3 was retired from sale) to work.

so maybe that is the registration issue...

John

Hi John

Many thanks for your response and suggestions. I checked the security and it seems ok

I then tried installing the two files from your download links. Firstly this one

Install complete FSUIPC version 3.999z9b Install FSUIPC 3.999z9b for FS9 and before
-- For changes see the History document in the full install update.

then FSUIPC version 3.999z9b only, for those with 3.999z1 or later already installed FSUIPC 3.999z9b

Funny thing was that in both case FSRealWX now says it cannot find the FSUPIC or not the correct version.

I reverted back to 3.70 and whilst I still get the FSUIPC: IPC sendmessage failed all retries, I do get a FSUPIC log. Details below. Does this make any sense to you?

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.70 by Pete Dowson *********
Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)
User Name="free user"
User Addr="fsuipc@free.com"
FSUIPC Key is provided
WIDEFS not user registered, or expired
Module base=61000000
ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E
WeatherOptions(Orig)=40003605[40003605]
InitDelay: 0 seconds
WeatherReadInterval=4
LogOptions=00000001
DebugStatus=15
      796 System time = 21:20:17
      796 E:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\
      796 System time = 21:20:17, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)
    34234 FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.flt
    34250 AIRCRAFT\c172\Cessna172SP.air
    34421 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP"
   151203 AIRCRAFT\Pilatus PC-12 RADARFS\F1_Pilatus_PC-12.air
   151375 Aircraft="F1_Pilatus_PC-12 PR-GRB"
   153078 Module [M1] identified = "ILH_TCAS.GAU"
   155218 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
   157703 C:\Users\pom_pom_ke\Documents\Flight Simulator Files\UI generated flight.flt
   158281 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded
   242140 WeatherOptions set, now 40003605 (timer=0)

It does reference weather, but FSRealWX still cannot connect to it.

One question is that where is the registration saved? Even if I remove all filenames with FSUPIC in it within the Modules folder, if I add the FSUPIC.dll 3.70 file, it automatically finds the registration. This means it must be saved elsewhere. Maybe I can remove it completely and try again?

sorry, I an struggling to find any other solutions unless it's working and Windows 10 had a update which somehow prevents me to connect to FSUPIC.

Thanks again 🙂

I found this. I've removed the FSUPIC files but not the registry key or cnerolf.dat. Do you recognise these?

To completely clear the old version:
- delete the file " cnerolf.dat " from " C:\Windows\ "
- delete the " Florenc " key in the registry from " HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Florenc "
- delete from the simulator's Modules folder :
- FSUIPC.DLL
- FSUIPC.ini
- FSUIPC.log
- FSUIPC Install.log (if available)
- FSUIPC.key

Thanks

11 hours ago, pchynoweth said:

Details below. Does this make any sense to you?

The log looks fine - FSUIPC is registered but not WideFS (not required unless you are using WideClient in a separate PC):

User Name="free user"
User Addr="fsuipc@free.com"
FSUIPC Key is provided
WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Funny thing was that in both case FSRealWX now says it cannot find the FSUPIC or not the correct version.

Is FSUIPC actually running when you see this message? If so, FSRealWX may be tied to a specific version of FSUIPC, but I would find this strange as it also supports FSX and P3Dv2-5 so must certainly work with other versions of FSUIPC.. You could maybe try asking about this on the FSRealWX forums.

One question is that where is the registration saved?

In the key file - FSUIPC.key (or maybe FSUIPC3.key).

sorry, I an struggling to find any other solutions unless it's working and Windows 10 had a update which somehow prevents me to connect to FSUPIC.

I really don't think a windows update could cause this. The way 3rd party programs communicate with FSUIPC is the same way in in all versions of FSUIPC and they are still working...

10 hours ago, pchynoweth said:

Do you recognise these?

To completely clear the old version:
- delete the file " cnerolf.dat " from " C:\Windows\ "
- delete the " Florenc " key in the registry from " HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Florenc "

No idea what those are...

10 hours ago, pchynoweth said:

- delete from the simulator's Modules folder :
- FSUIPC.DLL
- FSUIPC.ini
- FSUIPC.log
- FSUIPC Install.log (if available)
- FSUIPC.key

Those are the FSUIPC files - the application (FSUIPC.DLL), your settings, the log file, the installation log and your key file (registration details).

John

1 minute ago, Luke Kolin said:

Could it be a permissions issue? Is FS9 running as Admin?

Don't think so - and I did ask the OP to check this in my first comment:

On 6/18/2024 at 9:47 AM, John Dowson said:

Also check that you are running both applications at the same level - if you are running one with admin privileges and the other without, then they will not connect.

Strange thing is it was all previously working, so not sure what, if anything, has changed...

I am starting to think it's a security thing. I tried it with FSRealWXLite, Rex 2004 Weather & Weather maker pro. All failed to connect.

As shown in the log above, FS9 is communicating with FSUIPC as it does generate a log so I think there is nothing wrong with FSUIPC itself

My FS9 shortcut does have the admin shield icon however FSRealWX doesn't. I tried running this as administrator but still doesn't connect. Maybe it has to have the admin icon but I do not know how to do that.

I am at a total loss. I have gone through and granted full control to everything but I am no Windows 10 expert. It's a lot more security conscience than XP or 7!

Thanks anyway for your responses. I am gutted that there was no issue with this for years and suddenly it stops working. 

I do have Advast antivirus running and Windows Defender as the firewall but still doesn't connect when I deactivate them.

I don't suppose there is a weather programme for FS9 that doesn't require FSUIPC?

Thanks

5 minutes ago, pchynoweth said:

My FS9 shortcut does have the admin shield icon however FSRealWX doesn't. I tried running this as administrator but still doesn't connect. Maybe it has to have the admin icon but I do not know how to do that.

As I said, everything needs to be ran at the same privilege level to connect, and always better to run as non admin - only run as admin if you have to, and of do run EVERYTHING as admin.

Why don't you try the support forum for FSRealWX?

P.S. I am on holiday now, back next Wednesday the 26th.

You sir, are a genius!!!

When you said "always better to run as non admin" , made me think.

I created a brand new standard user account without privillages and now it connects!!! I got so hung up on running things as a administrator! 

All what's left is to tidy up the new account with the same resolution and of course the FS9.cfg but not going to touch FSUIPC now! 

Thanks very much for your help 🙂