The simFlight Network Forums

Functionality, please

DaveSCUSA

I have several questions and requests:

1. The keypress assignments doesn't retain the profile radio button to the next assignment as does the button0 assignment. When performing numerous assignments for an aircraft, forgetting to select the check can obviously cause issues. Could you carry the profile button forward?

2. When entering the first few letters in the control, preset, input event field, the first occurance appears at the bottom of the window. Could the first occurrence appear at the top of the window? Would save many mouse clicks.

3. The increment of the button or keypress assignments now ncrements by one (1). I seem to remember the entries were incremented by two (2). Could you change the increment to more than 1.

4. Is there a way, other than assigning to an offset, to display the LVar used with an event or input event in the log? Or, a method to select one or more LVars to display their values in the log?

Thanks

On 6/20/2024 at 4:39 AM, DaveSCUSA said:

1. The keypress assignments doesn't retain the profile radio button to the next assignment as does the button0 assignment. When performing numerous assignments for an aircraft, forgetting to select the check can obviously cause issues. Could you carry the profile button forward?

Possibly - I will look into it.

2. When entering the first few letters in the control, preset, input event field, the first occurance appears at the bottom of the window. Could the first occurrence appear at the top of the window? Would save many mouse clicks.

Maybe, I am not sure - FSUIPC just calls a windows API function to select/position the menu entry. I don't think its possible to force it to the top, but I will take a look when I can.

3. The increment of the button or keypress assignments now ncrements by one (1). I seem to remember the entries were incremented by two (2). Could you change the increment to more than 1.

Sorry, what do you mean by this - what 'increment' are you talking about here?

4. Is there a way, other than assigning to an offset, to display the LVar used with an event or input event in the log? Or, a method to select one or more LVars to display their values in the log?

You can use a simple lua script (using event.lvar, and just log the value in the handling function). I have been meaning to add specific support for lvar logging for quite a while, but have just not had time to do this yet. It will be added at some point, but I do not know when.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Sorry, what do you mean by this - what 'increment' are you talking about here?

Thanks for your response.

Upon assigning a button or key in the assignment UI, FSUIPC7 enters the programming in the FSUIPC7.ini file under a [Buttons] or [Keys] section.

I wa talking about the <Entry Number> for each assignment. If memory serves (?????), the number had incremented by 2. Now it seems to increment by 1 starting with 0.

27 minutes ago, DaveSCUSA said:

I wa talking about the <Entry Number> for each assignment. If memory serves (?????), the number had incremented by 2. Now it seems to increment by 1 starting with 0.

The assignment index numbers in the ini have always started at 0 and have always been incremented by 1. Why would you want to increment by more than 1? Seems a strange thing to want to do. And if you are manually editing the ini, you can change the index numbers to any unique number within  range.

I have just looked at this and the state of the profile checkbox IS kept when you Confirm a key press and then want to enter a new key assignment, so I am not sure what your issue is here. Can you explain?

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

I have just looked at this and the state of the profile checkbox IS kept when you Confirm a key press and then want to enter a new key assignment, so I am not sure what your issue is here. Can you explain?

I normally dont use Confirm. Not needed, aparently, in button assignments but needed in keypress assignments.

Thanks

9 minutes ago, DaveSCUSA said:

I normally dont use Confirm. Not needed, aparently, in button assignments but needed in keypress assignments.

Then how do you enter the next assignment if you do not confirm the current one?
You need to confirm, or otherwise it is not guaranteed that the details (especially any parameters) will be saved.

Can you explain EXACTLY what you are doing then please, and in what situation you want me to retain the status of the profile-specific checkbox.