The simFlight Network Forums

Fenix A320 Issues

Hi tried to replay a landing with the Fenix A320 and again, spoilers are all over the place, the throttles are not correct, throttle 1 is in reverse position. I even reloaded the plane and same thing happens. Im on the latest V5.0.2405.29

Having the same issues since latest update.

3 hours ago, BillA said:

Hi tried to replay a landing with the Fenix A320 and again, spoilers are all over the place, the throttles are not correct, throttle 1 is in reverse position. I even reloaded the plane and same thing happens. Im on the latest V5.0.2405.29

Same here. The Fenix goes completely nuts on replay.
Engine mode selector set to crank, thrust levers stuck on idle reverse, I can't move/set any switches or handles.
Gear indications are red, all sorts of warnings, ailerons (external view) go crazy, anti droop function on both wings is active, flaps are not set as they were during recording etc...
I tried from different situations both IAE and CFM. It's not working for me....

Start thinking im just to dumb to get it work with the fenix ... but its doing really strange things... and at the end what makes me thinking im to dumb to get it work.... why is a "big player" tool like FCR not working and SkyDolly does its work pretty well .... 

SkyDolly isn't really working for me either, all sorts of different quirks during replay, especially regarding ailerons.
FCR use to work okay with the Fenix except for one aileron acting up. But the current version is much worse, it's not even setting flaps now.
"FENIX A320 Fully Supported" is just not true for me. At all.

• Upvote 1

Please when you recorded flight with Fenix you have to restart the flight and be sure all Fenix system are up and running . I tested it with my testers and he told me that was . 

Anyway we are checking the issue and next week we ll have some update … stay tuned

2 minutes ago, FabioMerlo said:

Please when you recorded flight with Fenix you have to restart the flight and be sure all Fenix system are up and running . I tested it with my testers and he told me that was . 

Anyway we are checking the issue and next week we ll have some update … stay tuned

Maybe I don't get what you mean by "restart the flight" (you mean after the recording you need to exit to main screen and re-load at your destination?) but I tried yesterday's recording today in a new session with the plane loading on the runway I landed on yesterday, all systems up and running, preset "READY" panel state (engines running etc.). I then loaded yesterday's recording (.fcr) and hit "play". Turned out exactly as I described above. 
But maybe I still did something wrong? 

I have tried both restarting the flight and even restarting the sim and it doesn’t make any difference. I also made sure Fenix was all systems go. What worked fine with previous version doesn’t work with this one unfortunately. But thanks for the heads up regarding an update.

Just got Flight Control replay today, just did a number of test flights with the Fenix, and I have to say I am not impressed at all, no gear, no flap animations, nothing seems to work, and I did restart the flight with engines running, I even closed MSFS down and restarted it, reloaded the flight, engines running and the replay was still a mess. I hope this gets fixed!

13 hours ago, FabioMerlo said:

Hi !

The update is ready and will fix Fenix issues  and PMDG 777 airspeed issue. Will be released in next days . Sorry for the inconvenience

F

Installed the new version today, first test went perfectly. It recorded and played back everything, ailerons, flaps, spoilers, reversers, even rudder and anti-droop.... Seems you nailed it.... 🥳

Thanks!

• Like 1

unfortunately, I found another issue with the fenix.

so when I load a situation with the initial flight situation (below option UNticked), it will re-load the whole scenario as soon as I load the fcr. which then throws the fenix off. it then can't properly connect/initialize and gear/flaps etc. won't work.

image.png.9ac4c02ca2fe59ecb18fae48ff2c31a4.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fabio,

Just played back a few replays w/ the Fenix recorded today. The main issue I have is that the playback speed is far too fast, even when set to be "normal speed" or just real-time. My replay rate is set to "Automatic" but I've also tried 60fps, and regardless of the setting, the playback speed is somewhere between 1.5x and 2x speed (can see the seconds in the timestamp rapidly ticking by, as well as the plane moving at an accelerated rate). Never had this issue in the previous version. But it happens w/ other planes as well. IMO the recording sample rate shouldn't affect the playback speed. 1x speed should be 1:1 to normal sim time, no matter what. Hopefully, this can be addressed in the next update. 

Edited by redacted