The simFlight Network Forums

TBM 930 Throttle is not working properly when FSUIPC7 is active (event with no profile set up for the plane)

MAckBolan

Hi,

The issue : Can't interact with TBM 930 throttle using the mouse when FSUIPC7 is loaded.

Let me give the context - I did extensive testing and here is what I came down to :

- FSUIP version : 7.4.13

- MSFS 2020 version : 1.37.19.0

- I removed all the profiles from the FSUIPC7.ini file - just leaving the default configuration.

- At start up using the mouse going from Cut Out to Low Idle to High Idle with mouse and left click works fine

- Then moving to Taxi position using right click works fine

- Trying to get back to High Idle position using right click a second time sends the Throttle to full power! SO it's then impossible to go back to High Idle position any longer.

- Last "weird" behaviour : opening axis assignment windows and forcing to reload assignment gets the right click to go back to High Idle to work just once.....

At the end, when flying the TBM 930 I have to kill FSUIPC which is very frustrating as I have all my buttons assignments all set up ....

AM I the only one with that problem?

FSUIPC7.ini

On 6/26/2024 at 2:29 AM, MAckBolan said:

Continuing testing, I found the culprit in my configuration!  This is the infamous line  : PropPitch1=-16191,-11501,-707,16223

Strange its the PropPitch1 calibration and not the Throttle1 calibration...although I seem to remember the prop pitch was linked to the throttle somehow in the TBM...

Be aware that the default calibration section will apply to ALL aircraft that do not have a profile-specific calibration set. Generally it is better to have a profile-specific calibration section for each aircraft, but if you have set-up a general calibration section and this gives issues with an aircraft, then create a profile-specific calibration section for that aircraft and then reset the calibration. Alternatively, once the profile-specific calibration section has been created, you can delete all the entries in the section (best done when FSUIPC7 is not running).

The TBM throttle is quite strange in the way it operates. It was working in earlier releases but then the throttle animation stopped working for some reason in early 2022.
I have just checked again and now there are some Input Events that can possibly be used to control the throttle:

ENGINE_Throttle<;FLOAT64>=100.000000
ENGINE_Throttle_Feathering<;FLOAT64>=0.000000
ENGINE_TOGA_1<;FLOAT64>=0.000000
ENGINE_Starter_1<>=1.000000
ENGINE_Ignition_1<;FLOAT64>=0.000000
FUEL_Manual_Override<>=52.684355

However, the ENGINE_Throttle Input Event moves the throttle, but only between TAXI (parameter 0) and Full throttle (any non-zero value) when Manual Override is off (or below 50). When Manual Override is > 50, setting any non-zero value to ENGINE_Throttle moves the throttle across to the feather position.
The ENGINE_Throttle_Feathering Input Event doesn't seem to do anything when Manual Override is < 50, and at >=50 it moves the throttle across to feather and fully down when set to 1, and back across to the power range, at its previous position, when set to 0.

Also no Input Events are logged by FSUIPC7 when requested, which is very strange as you can see the values have changed when listing them.

In summary, it is still not possible to assign the throttle for the TBM930 in FSUIPC if you want the visuals working, and I am not sure how you would assign a regular joystick or throttle axis in MSFS to control the throttle through its power AND feather/toga range.

You can control the manual override lever using the FUEL_Manual_Override input event (values 0-100).

I think I also need to read up on the TBM930 to see how the throttle/manual override are working together,,,

John