The simFlight Network Forums

msfs 777 fuel control switch preset

For preset requests, you should use the MobiFlight discord server (MSFS2020 channel). It is MobiFlight that are leading the community-driven effort to discover presets and make them available via their HubHop site.

But what aircraft are you talking about? The title says 'msfs 777' - there is no Asobo/MSFS 777 as far as I am aware. If you mean the new PMDG 777, then you should be able to use the custom controls as you can in the 737. See the following FAQ entry: 

@John Dowson Good afternoon

I would like to take advantage of this topic to ask a question: I recently purchased the PMDG 777 for MSFS and was able to assign some buttons using custom codes, but I was unable to configure axes using pre-defined commands. Do I have to wait for an update to FSUIPC7 or is there another way to configure my control axes?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Flávio Oliveira said:

I recently purchased the PMDG 777 for MSFS and was able to assign some buttons using custom codes, but I was unable to configure axes using pre-defined commands.

What axis controls did you try? The best way to see what controls are being used is to use FSUIPC's logging facilities. Activate logging for Axes Controls (Log -> Axes Controls), open the logging console window (Log -> Open Console) and move the axis in the VC. If any standard controls are being logged, then try using them. If nothing is logged, and Input Events are available, try logging Input Events (Log -> Input Events) and again move the axis in the VC.

Other than that, as I don't have the 777 (at the moment) I cannot really advise on how to set this up.

5 minutes ago, Flávio Oliveira said:

Do I have to wait for an update to FSUIPC7 or is there another way to configure my control axes?

There will be no update of FSUIPC7 for the PMDG 777 to get the axes controls working - the current facilities provided by FSUIPC should be sufficient. I will update FSUIPC7 for the 777 to add the PMDG 777 specific offsets, if these are available. I have asked PMDG about this and for details on the SDK, but have yet to receive any information.

John

21 hours ago, Flávio Oliveira said:

@John Dowson Good afternoon

I would like to take advantage of this topic to ask a question: I recently purchased the PMDG 777 for MSFS and was able to assign some buttons using custom codes, but I was unable to configure axes using pre-defined commands. Do I have to wait for an update to FSUIPC7 or is there another way to configure my control axes?

Thanks!

I have used the same configuration as PMDG 737 for all axis and reassigned the buttons using custom controls, no update required.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Flávio Oliveira said:

For example: I am trying to configure a button to increase and decrease altitude. I tried to use the B737 preset and it did not work. See the image below.

But @C.Schaffhausen said he re-assigned his buttons using the custom controls for the B777. not the presets for the B737, which will be using the custom controls (for the B737).
It is the axes configuration that is the same, not the buttons.

Presets for the PMDG aircraft are just an easier way of using the custom controls. As nobody has yet added presets for these to HubHob, you need to use the custom controls. I posted a link above on how to use these.

John

Note also that the PMDG presets use the Rotor Brake method for custom controls, which emulate mouse clicks. Using the custom controls directly has more benefits, as you can send an actual parameter (when needed) rather than just a mouse click. This is explained (I think) in that post I referenced. There is also a similar post (deprecated) that shows you how to use the custom controls via the Rotor Brake control, which is what a lot of the PMDG presets use.

John

I understood,
I tried using the following PMDG777 custom command:

#define    EVT_MCP_ALTITUDE_SELECTOR    (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 2250) = Custom Code: 71882

But as it is a button, when I click it it moves the altitude only 100 or 1000ft and stops. It does not continue increasing altitude.

By the way, would it help if I sent the file "PMDG_777X_SDK.h" to you?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Flávio Oliveira said:

I tried using the following PMDG777 custom command:

#define    EVT_MCP_ALTITUDE_SELECTOR    (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 2250) = Custom Code: 71882

But as it is a button, when I click it it moves the altitude only 100 or 1000ft and stops. It does not continue increasing altitude.

Of course - you have to send it multiple times (i.e. on repeat) if you want multiple increments. Alternatively, you could try sending that control with a left mouse click on button press, and a left mouse release on button release, using the rotor brake control method.

@John Dowson, I didn't find the link you mentioned, if you could send it again I would appreciate it.

Well, if you no how to use custom controls you don't need the link, but here it is again, as well as the older one that sends mouse operations via the Rotor Brake control:

By the way, would it help if I sent the file "PMDG_777X_SDK.h" to you?

Thanks, but that has a copyright and you should not share it, especially on public platforms.

John

I managed to configure it, I will share the settings in case anyone is having the same difficulty.

PMDG 777-300 ER - FSUIPC7 CONFIGURATION (PT-MUJ - LATAM)

============== LIGHTS CONFIGURATION ==============

STORM LIGHT        = 69659
1: ON    0: OFF

LANDING LIGHTS        = 83632

TURNOFF LIGHTS        = 83633

TAXI LIGHT        = 69753

STROBE LIGHT        = 69754

NAV LIGHT        = 69747

============== MCP (BUTTONS & SWITCHES) ==============

MCP ALTITUDE INCREASE        = 71882
PARAMETER: 16384

MCP ALTITUDE DECREASE        = 71882
PARAMETER: 8192

----------------------------------------------------

MCP HDG    INCREASE        = 71812

MCP HDG DECREASE        = 71812

----------------------------------------------------

SPEED HDG INCREASE        = 69842

SPEED HDG DECREASE        = 69842

============== MISCELLANEOUS ==============

SEAT BELTS        = 69662
0: OFF  1: AUTO   2: ON

AUTO THROTTLE        = 83659
1: ON/OFF

AP DISENGAGE        = 69846

BTN CHKL MCP        = 69876
1: ON/OFF

Hope this helps! 🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, philppecardinalhoude said:

I did try the PMDG 737 fuel control preset but it doesnt work for the 777. 

Please read this thread.... the 737 presets will not work with the 777 as the custom control numbers, used by the presets, will have changed. You can assign to the custom control numbers (for the 777) directly - I posted a link to show you how to do this.

However, I now see some presets for the 777 have been added to HubHop, inclusing ones for the fuel cut-off: PMDG 777 FUEL CUT OFF ENGINE 1 PMDG 777 FUEL CUT OFF ENGINE 2. These are available in the events.txt file attached below - save this to your FSUIPC7 installation folder, overwriting the one there, and restart FSUIPC7.

John

events.txt

For those who wish to include TCAS in Hubhop or in the events.txt file, here is the code:

PMDG_B777_TCAS_MODE_Knob_Dec#74908 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)
PMDG_B777_TCAS_MODE_Knob_Inc#74907 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)
PMDG_B777_TCAS_MODE_STBY#0 (L:switch_749_a) - 10 div s0 :1 l0 0 > if{ 74907 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) l0 -- s0 g1 } l0 0 < if{ 74908 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) l0 ++ s0 g1 }
PMDG_B777_TCAS_MODE_ALT_RPTG_OFF#10 (L:switch_749_a) - 10 div s0 :1 l0 0 > if{ 74907 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) l0 -- s0 g1 } l0 0 < if{ 74908 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) l0 ++ s0 g1 }
PMDG_B777_TCAS_MODE_XPNDR#20 (L:switch_749_a) - 10 div s0 :1 l0 0 > if{ 74907 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) l0 -- s0 g1 } l0 0 < if{ 74908 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) l0 ++ s0 g1 }
PMDG_B777_TCAS_MODE_TA_ONLY#30 (L:switch_749_a) - 10 div s0 :1 l0 0 > if{ 74907 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) l0 -- s0 g1 } l0 0 < if{ 74908 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) l0 ++ s0 g1 }
PMDG_B777_TCAS_MODE_TA_RA#40 (L:switch_749_a) - 10 div s0 :1 l0 0 > if{ 74907 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) l0 -- s0 g1 } l0 0 < if{ 74908 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) l0 ++ s0 g1 }
PMDG_B777_TCAS_TEST_Button#75001 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)

Just copy this code and paste it into the events.txt file in the B777 block.

44 minutes ago, Flávio Oliveira said:

Just copy this code and paste it into the events.txt file in the B777 block.

No! Please do not modify the events.txt file, as this will just get overwritten the next time you install. Add them to the myevents.txt file instead.

Better to submit them to HubHop so they get added to the events.txt file.

John

25 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Não! Por favor, não modifique o arquivo events.txt , pois ele será sobrescrito na próxima vez que você instalar. Adicione-os ao arquivo myevents.txt .

É melhor enviá-los ao HubHop para que sejam adicionados ao arquivo events.txt .

John

I didn't find the myevents.txt file in the root of FSUIPC7. Should I create this file and place my events?

12 hours ago, Flávio Oliveira said:

I didn't find the myevents.txt file in the root of FSUIPC7. Should I create this file and place my events?

Yes of course - please see the Advanced User guide on how to use presets.