The simFlight Network Forums

V7.4.15 Not showing

DaveSCUSA

John,

I have 2 PCs that I can run FSUIPC7. It seems that V 15 is the issue of not showing in the task bar and can't use alt+F to bring up the UI. I did not check the System Tray.

Below, I have the FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files from two different versions. All were manually started and MSFS was not used.

Files FSUIPC7-V15-1st

These files were from the 1st test of FSUIPC7 V15. The icon was not in the task bar, the splash screen displayed and the console disappeared after approximatel 2-3 seconds. Immendiately started FSUIPC7 again no splash screen nor the console displayed.

Files FSUIPC7-V13

Uninstalled V7.4.15 and installed V7.4.13 (I didn't have V14). All worked fine. Displayed both the UI and console and Splash screen. Was able to see the icon in the task bar, and was able to open and close and open again both windows.

Files FSUIPC7-V15-2nd

Uninstalled V13 and reinstalled V15 with the same results as the first iteration of V15 above.

I don't have V14 on my machine. The only version I can find online is V7.4.15. Could you provide V14?

FSUIPC7-V15-1st.iniFSUIPC7-V15-1st.logFSUIPC7-V13.iniFSUIPC7-V13.logFSUIPC7-V15-2nd.iniFSUIPC7-V15-2nd.log

Sorry, but it is confusing when you talk about 'not showing in task bar'. I think you mean that FSUIPC7 is crashing on start-up.
The log files you attached are also very strange, and just show that FSUIPC stopped at different stages during start-up.
Can you please download the installer again and re-install from a fresh download. If you get the same issue can you temporarily rename your FSUIPC7.ini file and try again to see if that makes a difference. Also please check the Windows Event Viewer application and see if there are any events related to FSUIPC there, and if so show that to me (they are under Windows Logs -> Application).