The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and WideFs

Pete

Hello Peter and the rest of the Forum,

i am a registert user of FSUIPC und widefs. Now a have build a homecockpit with a two Computer network.

The network works fine, on PC 1 runs FS2004 and on PC 2 runs ProjectMagenta PFD and ND.

I also have a USB-Adapter from ITRA for my keys.

But i can not get a key from PC1 to PM to change the display in ND.

I to it with keys and Buttons over the FSUIPC, no result !

I to it with SendKey also no result, have you or anyboddy an idea what i make wrong or what i must to ?????

Please help my

:cry: :cry:

I also have a USB-Adapter from ITRA for my keys.

But i can not get a key from PC1 to PM to change the display in ND.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean there. What's ITRA?

I to it with keys and Buttons over the FSUIPC, no result !

I to it with SendKey also no result, have you or anyboddy an idea what i make wrong or what i must to ?????

All the PM controls you may need are available in FSUIPC for assigning to Key press or Joystick Button. You do not need to use SendKey for PM as FSUIPC suports PM directly.

If you explain in more detail what you try, what you set in FSUIPC's Keys/Button pages, even show me the resulting FSUIPC.INI file, I may be able to help, but for most technical things to do with Project Magenta you will in general be better off posting in the PM NewsGroup. (I also appear there! :lol: )

Regards,

Pete

Hello Peter,

thanks for your answer:

ITRA is a Factorie near Berlin that builds parts for PC-flying: http://www.itra.de

My direct problem is that i cannot send some keys or buttons from the server to the client that the PM-Software can change.

Now i will give you my fsuipc.ini to have a look !

[General]

History=CH7YIQL4OYK7W17OV4WGJ

TCASid=Tail

TCASrange=40

TrafficScanPerFrame=10

AxisCalibration=No

CentredDialogue=No

ClearWeatherDynamics=Yes

MainMenu=&Modules

SubMenu=&FSUIPC ...

WindSmoothing=Yes

WhiteMessages=Yes

GenerateCirrus=Yes

WindShearSharp=No

UpperWindGusts=No

ExtendMetarMaxVis=Yes

PatchSimApAlt=Yes

AutoClearWeather=Yes

ExtendTopWind=Yes

WindSmoothness=-4

SmoothPressure=Yes

PressureSmoothness=5

SmoothVisibility=Yes

VisibilitySmoothness=2

MaxSurfaceWind=2

WindLimitLevel=200

WindDiscardLevel=400

WindAjustAltitude=No

WindAjustAltitudeBy=2000

MinimumVisibility=5

MaximumVisibilityFewClouds=0

MaximumVisibility=0

MaximumVisibilityOvercast=0

MaximumVisibilityRainy=0

OneCloudLayer=No

ThinClouds=No

ThinThunderClouds=No

CloudThinness=1000

ThunderCloudThinness=10000

CloudTurbulence=No

CloudIcing=Yes

WindTurbulence=No

SuppressAllGusts=No

ExternalOptionControl=No

AutoTuneADF=No

MagicBattery=40

KeepFS98CloudCover=No

RudderSpikeRemoval=No

ElevatorSpikeRemoval=No

ReversedElevatorTrim=Yes

AileronSpikeRemoval=No

ShowPMcontrols=Yes

TrapUserInterrupt=Yes

NavFreq50KHz=Yes

ClockSync=Yes

SmoothIAS=Yes

SetVisUpperAlt=No

VisUpperAltLimit=6000

SuppressCloudTurbulence=Yes

SuppressWindTurbulence=No

FixWindows=No

FixControlAccel=Yes

GraduatedVisibility=No

LowerVisAltitude=6000

UpperVisAltitude=25000

UpperVisibility=6000

OwnWeatherChanges=Yes

WeatherReadInterval=4

ThrottleSyncAll=No

SpoilerIncrement=512

[JoystickCalibration]

FlapsSetControl=0

ReverserControl=66292

MaxThrottleForReverser=0

AileronTrimControl=0

RudderTrimControl=0

Throttle=0,0

Spoilers=-15621,15621

[Monitor]

[buttons]

0=H0,6,K120,8

1=H0,4,K109,8

2=H1,0,K109,8

[Keys]

0=79,11,2115,22

1=87,8,2097,0

[Programs]

run1=E:\FS9\ITRA\TCP-USB-S1\TCPUSB.exe

run2=C:\Programme\sbrelay\SBRelay12.exe

My direct problem is that i cannot send some keys or buttons from the server to the client that the PM-Software can change.

Which PM functions have you programmed? Did you ask anyone on the PM Newsgroup? There's a lot of experience there with this sort of thing.

All the FSUIPC added controls for PM do is manipulate the controls that PM offers through its FSUIPC offsets. The rest is up to PM, so it probably depends how that is configured. You can also use PM's CDU to look at the FSUIPC offsets which it cares about.

The only parts of your FSUIPC INI file which are relevant to programmed buttons and keys are these:

[buttons]

0=H0,6,K120,8

1=H0,4,K109,8

2=H1,0,K109,8

These are for Joystick 0 buttons 6 and 4, and Joystick 1 button 0. They only produce keystrokes, You haven't programmed them for PM functions. The keystrokes produced are F9 and the Numpad - (twice). They are also programmed to stay pressed whilst you keep the button pressed, releasing when you release the button. I don't know what you are using these for (F9 is perhaps for FSNav?), but they won't be anything to do with PM.

[Keys]

0=79,11,2115,22

1=87,8,2097,0

Here you have programmed two keypresses:

CTRL+SHFT+O (letter O), to the PM Airbus ADF1 "on" switch (for the ND) -- oddly enough, with a parameter of 22 which won't do anything useful as the control takes no parameters.

and

W (on its own!!!???), to select PM's ND Map Arc mode.

Mixing controls for the Airbus ND and the Boeing ND seems odd. Do you have one of each running? And being able to switch the ADF1 on in the Airbus ND seems to be not a lot of use if you don't also program something to switch it off again.

All in all, I still really do not understand what you are trying to do nor what difficulties you are finding. First of all, does this ITRA device look like a keyboard and produce keystrokes, or does it connect like a joystick and produce button inputs? I think you need to understand that part first.

Then use the appropriate page in FSUIPC's options to program the buttons or keypresses your ITRA device is producing. For PM don't try to send keystrokes, all you need is in the PM controls lists. But choose the controls that you need for your particular PM configuration.

Also, please note that most (though possibly not all) the PM controls are actioned by the MCP part of PM, even if they are aimed at the ND. If you aren't running the MCP then those will be ignored. For some notion of which are okay without the MCP and which not you'll need to ask PM support. But if you don't use the MCP then, yes, you may well have to resort to trying to use key strokes. That will certainly involve programming FSUIPC "SendKey" controls for WideFS, and manually editing the appropriate Wideclient INI files to configure the appropriate key strokes and get them sent to the appropriate program. That is nowhere near as easy or reliable as the PM controls via MCP.

Regards,

Pete