The simFlight Network Forums

Help with PFC hardware and FSUIPC

Just installed registered verison of FSUIPC 3.11. I also have connected via a USB port PFC pedals and yoke.

I now get 2 messages on start up of FS2002.

The first saying;

The version of FSUIPC installed is not recent enough to support the PFC driver. Please install version 2.851 or later.

The second saying;

You need to select the COM port for your PFC equipment. Please refer to the PFC menu, and set the port to match the connection used.

Any ideas or solutions;

email: gpratt@dsl.pipex.com

Just installed registered verison of FSUIPC 3.11. I also have connected via a USB port PFC pedals and yoke.

The pedals and yoke are connected directly, not via a throttle quadrant or anything similar? The USB connection, does that show as a COM port in the Windows hardware manager?

I now get 2 messages on start up of FS2002.

The first saying;

The version of FSUIPC installed is not recent enough to support the PFC driver. Please install version 2.851 or later.

The second saying;

You need to select the COM port for your PFC equipment. Please refer to the PFC menu, and set the port to match the connection used.

Please refer to the List of Supported Versions near the top of this Forum.

The current version of FSUIPC is 3.125. You should not be using 3.11.

The first message indicates you are not using a current version of PFC.DLL either. It isn't even a recent one, and is certainly not compatible with any Version 3.xx FSUIPC. Current is 1.72 but I am releasing 1.80 this weekend.

The second message is merely a reminder to you to tell the PFC driver which COM port you have your equipment connected to. It only occurs until you have done so, inside FS. PLEASE refer to the PFC DLL documentation, supplied in the same Zip.

However, if you are not using any PFC digital controller, such as the Throttle quadrant System, the Cirrus console, or the Jetliner Console, then your PFC equipment probably just looks like a normal Windows game device, in which case you should not be installing PFC.DLL in the first place. Please clarify that with your supplier.

Regards,

Pete