The simFlight Network Forums

FS2004 locks-up when WIDEFS installed - well not quite

Hi,

I suggested in my last post that FS2004 locked-up when I installed wideserver files in the modules folder.

However, I have now discovered that the latest version of zonealarm I am using (Pro 4.5.530.000 ) is the culprit. If I shutdown ZA Pro then all is fine. Previous versions of ZA Pro worked perfectly fine with WIDEFS.

Other than telling ZA Pro to grant FS2004 access to the internet and trusted zones (which I have always done), what other actions do I need to take with ZA Pro in order for the newer version to work with WIDEFS ?

Again, many thanks for your time.

Regards,

Mark

However, I have now discovered that the latest version of zonealarm I am using (Pro 4.5.530.000 ) is the culprit. If I shutdown ZA Pro then all is fine. Previous versions of ZA Pro worked perfectly fine with WIDEFS.

It's a bit nasty of it just locking things up rather than returning an error if it won't allow access! Any error returned to WideServer would certainly be reported in its log.

Other than telling ZA Pro to grant FS2004 access to the internet and trusted zones (which I have always done), what other actions do I need to take with ZA Pro in order for the newer version to work with WIDEFS ?

Sorry, I've no idea. It sounds like a bug in the latest version of ZA. I should revert to the previous (good) version if I were you, and report the problem to the makers. If it were providing a diagnostic I could maybe understand it, but simply locking up a genuine Network user is most definitely not a good thing and must be counted as an error.

Regards,

Pete