The simFlight Network Forums

Water effects challenge

Hi Peter,

I have created a post over at Avsim.com asking if anyone knows a way of stopping the bitmap rotation effect of the water in FS2004. You'll notice that whilst flying over the water the surface will appear bumpy one second then glassy and smooth the next second, which can be somewhat annoying!

I propose that if you find a way to stop the rotation with your next version of FSUIPC, where the water stays in a bumpy condition, I'll definitely buy it!

Thanks,

James

I have created a post over at Avsim.com asking if anyone knows a way of stopping the bitmap rotation effect of the water in FS2004. You'll notice that whilst flying over the water the surface will appear bumpy one second then glassy and smooth the next second, which can be somewhat annoying!

Yes, I've noticed that too. As you say, it is annoying. I thought it was just some odd quirk with my Matrox Parhelia. Please let me know if you do hear of a way to switch it off. I assume it will be something to do with video driver settings?

I propose that if you find a way to stop the rotation with your next version of FSUIPC, where the water stays in a bumpy condition, I'll definitely buy it!

I'm afraid there's little chance of that -- nothing in FSUIPC currently is related to any of the actual graphics. It is an area of complete mystery to me. Sorry.

Regards,

Pete