The simFlight Network Forums

Prepar3d v2.1

LM released the 2.1 patch for P3D yesterday - will FSUIPC require an update from you to be fully compatible?

It definitely needs an update. However, I'm having immense difficulties installing the released 2.1. I had installed a Beta version (build 9790) supplied by LM, in order to get FSUIPC close, as I'm on holiday after Friday for 2 weeks, so the 9448 to 9936 update won't work, meaning I had to download the entire 10.5 Gb full version. That wouldn't install either until I completely uninstalled the previous version, which I di (all this being done overnight -- not much sleep here), and yet, even after that it still says the same thing, that it needs the previous version uninstalled first. I'm struggling with that at present.

Nevertheless I hope to get a compatible FSUIPC version (4.929) out before Friday ...

Pete

It definitely needs an update. However, I'm having immense difficulties installing the released 2.1. I had installed a Beta version (build 9790) supplied by LM, in order to get FSUIPC close, as I'm on holiday after Friday for 2 weeks, so the 9448 to 9936 update won't work, meaning I had to download the entire 10.5 Gb full version. That wouldn't install either until I completely uninstalled the previous version, which I di (all this being done overnight -- not much sleep here), and yet, even after that it still says the same thing, that it needs the previous version uninstalled first. I'm struggling with that at present.

Nevertheless I hope to get a compatible FSUIPC version (4.929) out before Friday ...

Pete

I had issues uninstalling...found the safest is to run the P3D setup file and select uninstall. Only then did it allow me to install the new version. Good luck!

I had issues uninstalling...found the safest is to run the P3D setup file and select uninstall. Only then did it allow me to install the new version. Good luck!

After the uninstall had finished, the "Programs & Features" applet showed it was gone, but still the installer complained. However, after I re-booted, the entry in the applet reappeared. I did another uninstall from there, and this time the installer worked. Weird.

Anyway, it does mean I should be able to check and implement whatever changes are needed today for release later today -- look out for it in the Download Links subforum.

Pete

Hi,

I don't think crashes are related to FSUIPC at all.

After installing the update P3Dv2.1 doesn't work at all anymore, not able to load any aircraft already on startup (only their onwn installed ac's) and so it loadfs without an aircraft on default Airport/RWY. By 'trying' to select an aircraft in UI and loading you get a fatal error. You get already this fatal error by selecting an aircraft in UI and then selecting a different one.

If you select a mission instead of an aircraft P3Dv2.1 doesn't find any of its own installed ones.

I think something mayor wrong with this update at all. May be the full install of P3Dv2.1 wil work ... :oops: :evil:

I don't think crashes are related to FSUIPC at all.

Anything before FSUIPC version 4.929 (which I'm just about ready to release) is VERY likely to crash P3Dv2. The hook positions have all moved and some defeat my safety cross-checks. At the very best there will be things that won't work even if it doesn't crash!

Pete

Is it correct that the dll has increased in size considerably?

George

Ah, sorry. In my haste I left all the debugging and testing ocde included. I'm uploading a replacement build now. You may need to refresh/clear the cache because it'll have the same name (if you download from the Schiratti page). Here I'll add "_updated" at the end.

Regards

Pete

Mmmm,very suprised LM didn't have you on board from the start Pete

I get the Beta versions of course -- the only reason I'm able to get an update out so soon after the LM release is that most of the differences were known from the Beta. But the difference between build 9790 (the Beta) and 9936 (the release) are still enough to need a check through and a recompile to suit.

Pete