The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4,93 737NGX problem

Hi pilots I have a question regards FSUIPC 4.93. How do I setup a profile to apply to all my 737NGX fleet livery.Something strange is happening, I did setup fsuipc for the one my 737NGX using profile specific everthing was working all fine.The moment I change to fly another livery all my controls are not responding I have to go into fsuipc again to select for that particular livery and choose through options to apply.

The other funny thing happening is the moment I spool my engines to N1 40% engage TO/GA off I roll on the runway,V1 rotate at about  300-400 AGL my aircraft is decelerating losing power, AT is armed green light all settings configured correctly.I don't really know what going on any help would be appreciated Thanks

Regards

LdeeFsx247  

Hi pilots I have a question regards FSUIPC 4.93. How do I setup a profile to apply to all my 737NGX fleet livery.Something strange is happening, I did setup fsuipc for the one my 737NGX using profile specific everthing was working all fine.The moment I change to fly another livery all my controls are not responding I have to go into fsuipc again to select for that particular livery and choose through options to apply.

Yes, of course, because the aircraft is recognised by name, and the names are different for each livery. You can of course make a Profile apply to all liveries by editing the [Profile.xxx] list in the INI file and changing the full aircraft name to an abbreviated one which is common to all but nevertheless still identifies the aircraft. With the "ShortAircraftNameOk" parameter being set to "Yes", or, better, "Substring", FSUIPC will match an abbreviated name quite readily.

The other funny thing happening is the moment I spool my engines to N1 40% engage TO/GA off I roll on the runway,V1 rotate at about  300-400 AGL my aircraft is decelerating losing power, AT is armed green light all settings configured correctly.I don't really know what going on any help would be appreciated

Do NOT rotate at V1 -- that's the speed above which you haven't enough runway left to abort. You shouldn't rotate until Vr. Then, after lift off and attaining V2 you lower the nose sufficiently to accelerate. Do NOT hold the ortation attitude all the way or you will lose speed and sink.

And check that you aren't taking off with a gross weight above the maximum. 

I think perhaps some studying of your aircraft is in order? ;-)

Pete

I think his second question belongs back in the Beginner's Forum, though? ;-)

Pete

Hi Pete thanks for the response,apparently regards my second question on deceleration I had this resolved yesterday after a long struggle and yes the problem was FSUIPC related.I posted this question on Avsim were 2 guys pin pointed FSUIPC. I was doing everything correct in terms of V1,VR and V2 speed rotate procedure,sometimes I would even lose thrust just after hitting 80kts on the runway happened twice yesterday.Anyway there seems to be a bug either with FSUIPC or 737NGX,when you setup your controller only need set your throttles up through FSUIPC that is assigning the axis, but in the second stage  -DO not Calibrate, make sure they're not calibrated and that seemed to have cleared my problem. I never had this issue before maybe the update 4.93 I suggest you can look into it. Cheers...!! ;-) 

Lloyd

Yes, of course, because the aircraft is recognised by name, and the names are different for each livery. You can of course make a Profile apply to all liveries by editing the [Profile.xxx] list in the INI file and changing the full aircraft name to an abbreviated one which is common to all but nevertheless still identifies the aircraft. With the "ShortAircraftNameOk" parameter being set to "Yes", or, better, "Substring", FSUIPC will match an abbreviated name quite readily.

Do NOT rotate at V1 -- that's the speed above which you haven't enough runway left to abort. You shouldn't rotate until Vr. Then, after lift off and attaining V2 you lower the nose sufficiently to accelerate. Do NOT hold the ortation attitude all the way or you will lose speed and sink.

And check that you aren't taking off with a gross weight above the maximum. 

I think perhaps some studying of your aircraft is in order? ;-)

Pete

I will give a try put a specific name in the FSUIPC .INI [Profile xxx] and see if i succeed.I'll give you a feedback .Thanks you... ;-) 

Lloyd 

I will give a try put a specific name in the FSUIPC .INI [Profile xxx] 

Not a "specific name", a less specific name! Just abbreviate one of the names already there to something which includes all of them, and delete the rest. And please see that the "xxx" in the [Profile.xxx] section I mentioned is the Profile name you chose, not "xxx" literally!

Pete

Anyway there seems to be a bug either with FSUIPC or 737NGX,when you setup your controller only need set your throttles up through FSUIPC that is assigning the axis, but in the second stage  -DO not Calibrate, make sure they're not calibrated and that seemed to have cleared my problem. I never had this issue before maybe the update 4.93 I suggest you can look into it. Cheers...!! ;-) 

It is not a bug in either, I don't use PMDG aircraft but I am pretty sure that it is related to the way the PMDG 737NGX handles the throttle controls -- it intercepts them at a higher level (a completely non-standard practice), partially defeating FSUIPC's calibration, so in the end two conflicting values reach the sim. As far as I'm aware the normal way round it is to set the "No Reverse Zone" (NRZ option) in the calibration tab, and make sure that "UseAxisControlsForNRZ=Yes" is set in the INI, possibly only in the Profile being used for the NGX.

However, for specific aircraft you are always better off talking to folks in the aircraft specific forums. FSUIPC is an interface to FS, not to the specific add-ons, though I've weakened in places to provide more specific as for instance the mapping of NGX values to a large area of offsets and of course, the provision of the "UseAxisControlsFor NRZ" option.

Pete

Unfortunately, given the level of participation people have in the general FS forums, these days, it's highly unlikely that anyone would ever have responded up there to either of them. I felt it was more appropriate to move it down here for you to see the FSUIPC question directly than to ask you to pop up there and kick the tumbleweeds away to find it. ;)

Cheers,

Ian P.