The simFlight Network Forums

Registering wideclient

I wish to register wideclient on the computer that is not running Prepar3d. I see that the registration process takes place when fsuipc is installed, however. Do I have to install fsuipc in order to register wideclient? If I do need to install fsuipc to register wideclient on my secondary computer, do I need to first install Prepar3d 2.2 on that computer? It won't install because of a lack of DirectX 11 video card. Please point me in the right direction.

I wish to register wideclient on the computer that is not running Prepar3d. I see that the registration process takes place when fsuipc is installed, however. Do I have to install fsuipc in order to register wideclient? If I do need to install fsuipc to register wideclient on my secondary computer, do I need to first install Prepar3d 2.2 on that computer? It won't install because of a lack of DirectX 11 video card. Please point me in the right direction.

I think you've not looked at the WideFS User documentation at all?

WideClient is simply the client part of WideFS. WideFS has two parts -- WideClient which runs on the client, and WideServer which runs on the server (the simulation computer). For FSX ad P3D the WideServer part is built into FSUIPC4, and that is the part where the Registration goes -- there is no registration for the Client which can be run on as many PCs as you wish (I have 8 clients). You register using the FSUIPC4 installer.

Do not install FS or P3D on the Client, or if you do do not try to run it at the same time as WideClient. It can be done but not supporting FSUIPC applications.

Pete

Hi Peter,

I use FSUIPC for years now (registered, on FS9 / Win 7) and just bought WideFS now as I would like to use it with Plan-G3.

I just got the email from SimFlight with the key to enter when reinstalling FSUIPC.

So, easy, I thought, copy and paste... and I get the notice: Sorry, this Key is not valid for WideFS registration.

Name and email are correct.

What's wrong? What can I do?

Regards

Yves

are you sure you ordered the correct version?

Above you were talking about P3D!

That was a different person. This second user, "Virtual-Pilot" Yves has tagged a different problem onto an existing thread about something else!

And, yes, I just checked -- he purchased a key for WideFS7, not WideFS6! Thanks for telling him!

Pete

Pete, I'm sorry to have been so stupid and ordered the wrong Version!

Is it possible to get a key for WideFS 6?

Sorry for that...

Sorry, I don't really have anything to do with sales. You'll need to raise a ticket with SimMarket, explaining the mistake, and see if they will replace it.

Regards

Pete

I have figured out what I was doing wrong with registering wideclient. I assumed that the registration process had to take place on the client computer itself, not on the server computer. Of course the FSUIPC software is registered on the server computer and I understood that the fsuipc installation process includes an opportunity to register FSUIPC, wideclient, or both, but I did not suspect that we do the wideclient registration (for the client computer) on the server computer itself.

Upon rereading the installation instructions, I see that registering of WideFS7 takes place under the "On the Flight Simulator PC" section of the instructions. Nonetheless, it is so strange to me to register the software for one computer on another computer that I didn't make the connection that the event took place on the server computer.

Edited by papafox510

Hi,

Nonetheless, it is so strange to me to register the software for one computer on another computer that I didn't make the connection that the event took place on the server computer.

Not strange really because WideFS6/7 is part of FSUIPC and even in FSUIPC4 integrated (not a separate DLL anymore).

The advantage of having it registered on the FS PC in FSUIPC is that there is no need to register any client PC. So if it is once registered you can connect multiple Client PC in your simulator setup just by configure WideClient on the Client PC you want to connect.

EW321,

What you say makes sense to someone who has a comfortable familiarity with WideFS. Nonetheless, I will not be the last person to make this mistake. One sentence in the "On Each Client PC" section stating "Registration of WideFS software takes place on the server computer, not the client computers," would have removed all confusion for me. When it comes to creating instructions, comments from newbies are typically quite useful for creating user-friendly documentation.