The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Crashing with FSDT KMEM

Hello, I am a user of the unregistered version of FSUPIC. I am having trouble with loading FSDT KMEM. 90% of the time when I try to load the scenery I get the following FSX crashes. 

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x575f3e3a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x6a596340
Faulting process id: 0x1110
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1e0fea67dcd5b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: FSUIPC4.dll

I have no weather addon installed...

I have tried a fresh re-install several times and nothing seems to work. What could be going on?

Thanks

FSUIPC4 Install.log

Edited by Barkhard3

19 hours ago, Thomas Richter said:

Hi,

very often there are problems with saved weather files for saved flights. Do you load that special airport with a saved flight situation or just when FS is already running from the menu?

Thomas

No I do not. I load up KMEM simply through the change airport menu- select KMEM and "Fly Now"

38 minutes ago, Barkhard3 said:

No I do not. I load up KMEM simply through the change airport menu- select KMEM and "Fly Now"

Even so, FS will be loading different weather data for that area, so if the current weather data has any corruption which affects that it can cause a crash -- or in this case, judging by these details:-

On 7/18/2016 at 4:02 PM, Barkhard3 said:

Faulting module name: FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x575f3e3a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x6a596340

a crash caused by memory corruption (FSUIPC does not extend as far as having an offset in its module as far up as 6A596340 -- that is plain corruption).

Such corruption is caused by by pointers or size values in data. Unfortunately the WX data files are not checked by FS when loaded. The fact that you get a crash 90% and not 100% of the time is also indicative of corruption causing incorrect memory references which sometimes, depending on previous goings on, are still valid process addresses.

It could also be a corruption in one of the BGL's or textures loading for that scenery. To distinguish between Weather corruption and Scenery corruption you can stop FSUIPC reading the weather by using:

WeatherReadFactor=0

which you will find, to change, in the [General] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file, in the FS Modules folder.

Of course, even though by doing this FSUIPC is doing basically nothing at all in an unregistered state, FS still might crash because it reads the same data. The only way to be sure it isn't the weather is to delete the weather files (.WX) from your Flight Simulator X Files folder you Documents, and the wxstationlist.bin from the same folder as the FSX.CFG file.

If it is scenery corruption I guess the only solution would be to uninstall and reinstall that scenery.

Pete