The simFlight Network Forums

Slow Start/Stop on Programs

Hi Pete

Is there a reason for programs listed in the [Programs] block taking a long time to start and especially to close when P3D is started and quit? It can be 5-15 seconds after quitting the sim that these programs finally close (AS16 and LINDA). During the process the programs report "not responding" and manual shutdown is blocked. This can be problematic when trying to get up and running after a crash. It appears to affect both FSUIPC 4 and 5. I recall that you had to extend some delays recently. 

47 minutes ago, Scotfleiger said:

Is there a reason for programs listed in the [Programs] block taking a long time to start and especially to close when P3D is started and quit?

No. Nothing in FSUIPC for sure. It starts them when it logs it is doing so, and closes them one after the other, without waiting to check, when it says it is doing so at the end of the log. There is quite a long delay after you confirm to P3D you want it to close until FSUIPC receives the "DLLstop" call after which it can start closing everything it did down. I don't know why. The P3D window itself may have gone seconds before. Is that what you mean?

Starting up using "READY" is probably slower because it is probably still a very busy part of P3D startup. the programs i have starting at the beginning -- ASCA, AS16 or ASP4, and some of my own drivers, start up immeidately, whilst the P3D flash picture is still up.

56 minutes ago, Scotfleiger said:

This can be problematic when trying to get up and running after a crash.

Er. So it is start-up that concerns you?  Obviously if P3D has crashed FSUIPC isn't involved in closing anything itself. You'd have to do that yourself.

52 minutes ago, Scotfleiger said:

It appears to affect both FSUIPC 4 and 5. I recall that you had to extend some delays recently. 

Nothing to do with any of that. More the timeout till I restart AI Traffic scanning, or close and restart SimConnect connection.

Pete