The simFlight Network Forums

Not generating rwy information

Moved to Main Forum. Please ask questions always in Main Forum!

Hi,

I hope this is the correct forum for the MakeRwy.

I have installed the file as directed however I receive the following error (please see attached file).

Please accept my apologies if I have missed any information out. I am using FSX SE.

Regards

Buzz887

snipit of makerwys.PNG

The log, "runways.txt" in the same folder, will show what is wrong. Show use that. Meanwhile, if you installed it and rann it correctly then there are two usual explanations for it not finding the correct scenery.cfg file:

1. The registry is not showing the correct paths, or
2. The FSX.EXE file has been renamed, possibly to fool some install process which does not know it.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Here is the text of the Runways.txt file: which is located and installed in the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\MakeRwys

=========================================================================================

Make Runways File: Version 4.84 by Pete Dowson
Reading FS9 SCENERY.CFG ...
 CFG file being used is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\MakeRwys\scenery.cfg"

========================================================================================

For your info: I have both FSX-Se Edition installed on my computer @ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

and also FS9/FS2004. @ C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9

When you say:

1 The registry is not showing the correct paths. (Does the above confirm the paths correctly as you feel they should be)?

2 The FSX.EXE file has been renamed, possibly to fool some install process which does not know it. (Both my versions are originials and not copies, I am using the FSX-SE edition however)

From the above can you advise me on what of the following:

Why does MakeRwy file want to read FS9 Scenery when its in the FSX folder correctly and has not been installed at all in the FS9 folder?

What steps can I take to resolve the issue?

Regards

Buzz887

Hi Pete & Thomas,

Problem has been sorted as follows:

I looked at your instructions again and decided to test FS2004. I copied the MakeRwys.exe file into the main folder showing the scenery.cfg (as instructed ), ran it and it worked.

I went back and checked my fsx-se previous extraction and found the extraction process had made a folder MakeRwys  in the FSX folder and extracted the MakeRwys.exe file to there incorrectly. As it cannot find a scenery.cfg file there it could not do its job. I copied MakeRwys.exe and created it in the FSX folder, ran it and it recognised the airports. I then deleted the MakeRwys folder created by the extraction process.

I thank you for your assistance in this matter...

I will now test if it works inside the game and update you with my findings.

Regards

Buzz887

2 hours ago, Buzz887 said:

Reading FS9 SCENERY.CFG ...
 CFG file being used is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\MakeRwys\scenery.cfg"

That's the default place if the real scenery.cfg file cannot be found. It often means you are not running MakeRunways from the main FS folder.

2 hours ago, Buzz887 said:

I went back and checked my fsx-se previous extraction and found the extraction process had made a folder MakeRwys  in the FSX folder and extracted the MakeRwys.exe file to there incorrectly.

MakeRunways is not supplied with an installer nor a folder. You just open the ZIP and copy the files yourself.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I tested and when I opening FSX It gave me an error message in regards to RAASPRO, "schema file is missing".

I have sourced a fix for this however.. so its up and running and working.

All's well that ends well as they say..

Many thanks once again for your assistance.

Buzz887

4 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

How is that related to Makerunways, which does nothing but produce data files from your scenery installation?

Pete

Hi Pete,

Good question, Its somehow related to the schema.ini file.. 

This link explains a little bit more and gives the solution

http://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/10/496880503066001167/

Regads

Buzz887

33 minutes ago, Buzz887 said:

Good question, Its somehow related to the schema.ini file.. 

This link explains a little bit more and gives the solution

Well, no "schema.ini" file is touched, generated, deleted or in any way affected by MakeRunways. And it certainly isn't included in an folder called MakeRunways made by MakeRunways, because no folders are made at all, ever.

You made your own such folder, if you remember, for some reason. Or maybe the RAASPro installer makes such a folder for you to copy makerunways data files into? No if that is the case, and then you deleted it as you stated earlier, that's probably how you deleted the Schema.INI file!

Either way, there seems to be a lot of misleading information which needs clarifying by RAASPro makers.

BTW I've no idea what a "schema.INI" file is!

Pete