The simFlight Network Forums

Problems to restart WideFS

Hello,

I´m building a new cockpit with project-magenta software and much more. the Problem is, that resetting a flight on the server causes the 4 Proj.Magenta computers to fail. Connection failed. Sometimes even when I start the computers they fail to connect. But not all, and not every time the same. Can you help me with this problem ?

I´m building a new cockpit with project-magenta software and much more. the Problem is, that resetting a flight on the server causes the 4 Proj.Magenta computers to fail. Connection failed. Sometimes even when I start the computers they fail to connect. But not all, and not every time the same. Can you help me with this problem ?

Sounds like you are either using older versions of WideFS, or have some other network problems. First please check you are using the latest versions of everything (see the appropriate announcement at the top of this Forum), then check in the WideServer and WideClient LOGs.

Also make sure you don't have any odd network related settings in your Wideclient and WideServer INI files. Just use defaults except, of course, for specifying the protocol and the Server name or node.

Older versions of WideServer use to deliberately disconnect clients if it couldn't get enough processor time to service them within a certain number of seconds. This was really to get over mishaps where all the data needed refreshing. It doesn't do that any more (well, it's optional and off by default), but, even if it did, each Client should readily re-connect and refresh the data within so many seconds (about 15-20) after FS becomes ready again. If they are not re-connecting there is a Network problem.

You say "sometimes even when I start the computers they fail to connect", which is certainly an indication of Network problems, unless you just have the parameters wrong.

All the information needed to look at these is available. Version numbers are always needed, then there's Log files and the INI files. If you cannot make head nor tail of them, let me see them. But try to keep them short please, and make sure you are using the latest versions, as I say. I have no interest in looking at logs and ini files for older versions -- I do not want to fix the same problems more than once. :?

Regards,

Pete