The simFlight Network Forums

Fuel Tank Selector in PFC 1.81

Hi Pete,

I hate to report problems, and I almost don't dare and hope I'm not getting on your nerves -- but I think there is one. The fuel tank selector on the Cirrus2 has lost its function wich means it - again - only operates the left fuel switch on screen.

When I put version 1.71 back in it works as statet in the documentation.

The other problem I have ist very strange but it may be not related to the module, I just thought I'd share it here (just in case). On one flight today the displays on the Digital Avionics sometimes showed a very odd behaviour. They displayed crazy things from time to time, mostly a mix of numbers, dashes and even the letter A. 11A20----- on the NAV radio for instance or 55-04-- on the DME or 03.2.9- on a com receiver. The gear lamps were also involved. Tthough the gear was up they lit up in a strange mix now and then - two green, one orange or two orange, one red (I've never seen orange light there before). Not all displays changed allways, but those that changed did this at the same time and after a short while went normal again. Also when I pressed the Frequency swap button on a "crazy" display it immediately went normal. The autopilot was not affected and FS's own radiostack on screen was all normal. The aircraft was flyable and the HSI and ADF and so on did read consistently wether their respective displays on the Digital Avionics were corrupted or not.

Initially I thought this might be something to do with the new processing of the standby frequencies but I couldn't reproduce it on three more tests so I suspect it's something on my side. I had my PFC hardware in for repairs earlier this year, either they didn't fix it properly or my computer just swallowed the wrong way (I strongly hope the latter is true :? ).

Regards,

Frank

Hi Pete,

did you overlook this one?

I hate to report problems, and I almost don't dare and hope I'm not getting on your nerves -- but I think there is one. The fuel tank selector on the Cirrus2 has lost its function wich means it - again - only operates the left fuel switch on screen.

When I put version 1.71 back in it works as statet in the documentation.

The other problem I have ist very strange but it may be not related to the module, I just thought I'd share it here (just in case). On one flight today the displays on the Digital Avionics sometimes showed a very odd behaviour. They displayed crazy things from time to time, mostly a mix of numbers, dashes and even the letter A. 11A20----- on the NAV radio for instance or 55-04-- on the DME or 03.2.9- on a com receiver. The gear lamps were also involved. Tthough the gear was up they lit up in a strange mix now and then - two green, one orange or two orange, one red (I've never seen orange light there before). Not all displays changed allways, but those that changed did this at the same time and after a short while went normal again. Also when I pressed the Frequency swap button on a "crazy" display it immediately went normal. The autopilot was not affected and FS's own radiostack on screen was all normal. The aircraft was flyable and the HSI and ADF and so on did read consistently wether their respective displays on the Digital Avionics were corrupted or not.

Initially I thought this might be something to do with the new processing of the standby frequencies but I couldn't reproduce it on three more tests so I suspect it's something on my side. I had my PFC hardware in for repairs earlier this year, either they didn't fix it properly or my computer just swallowed the wrong way (I strongly hope the latter is true :? ).

Regards,

Frank

Hi Pete,

did you overlook this one?

Regards,

Frank

No, sorry, it is on my list to look at, but the Cirrus is upstairs in a cold room and I am sick with 'flu' at present. I noted to check it as soon as I can.

The other stuff about radios must be your kit.

Regards,

Pete

No, sorry, it is on my list to look at, but the Cirrus is upstairs in a cold room and I am sick with 'flu' at present. I noted to check it as soon as I can.

Oh, I see - sorry to have bothered you. Hope you feel better soon!

The other stuff about radios must be your kit.

Indeed, I like it though it wasn't my idea originally.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Frank

Oh, I see - sorry to have bothered you. Hope you feel better soon!

I hope so tooI'm not doing any serious work at present as I tend to be coughing and sneezing all over the place and it does nothing for my concentration. I'm fiddling about with small easy things. Don't like just lazing about, only makes me feel worse!

Anyway, sorry about the fuel selector. I had a quick look at the code and saw that somehow, presumably when editing something else, a spurious "!" character has crept into a conditional -- unfortunately in a place which didn't make a compilation error! Duh! I can only put this down to sloppy keyboard usage whilst I've been sneezing or coughing!

Anyway please check your email and let me know if it's okay now.

Thanks,

Pete

Good morning Pete,

did a quick test, and the driver you sent me seems to work fine.

Thank you so much!

I'm not doing any serious work at present as I tend to be coughing and sneezing all over the place and it does nothing for my concentration.

Oh...0h...0h..., perhaps you should take a rest.

Makes me feel kind of unscrupulous that I forced you to work under these circumstances :oops: .

Many thanks again and all the best to you!

Frank

Makes me feel kind of unscrupulous that I forced you to work under these circumstances

Don't worry about it. I'd rather be doing something, else I feel even worse. It's just that I better not do anything too complex or serious in case I make a mess of it! :)

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

I'm testing a PFC professional Cirrus with Digital Avionics.

Now it is oK for me. In a previous PFC DLL version, I do not remenber which, there was left switch with right and viceversa.

Initially I thought this might be something to do with the new processing of the standby frequencies but I couldn't reproduce it on three more tests so I suspect it's something on my side. I had my PFC hardware in for repairs earlier this year, either they didn't fix it properly or my computer just swallowed the wrong way (I strongly hope the latter is true )>

I agree. The most frequent I noted was light gear change for a while two or three times during a half hour flight ( that with the previous PCF DLL version) I thought this due to my very low processor and its limited Ram (I'm wating for upgrade). Only one time I had a strange number change on Digital Avionics NAV ( for instance 110. 22 or 110.27) and only with the previous version. I restarded MS FS 9 and everything goes OK. I will keep attention now with 1.81.

Thanks for all you do

Regards,

Giorgio