The simFlight Network Forums

Working with barkes

Hi Pete done some tests changing the values in offsets: bc4,bc6, c00, c01 that controls brakes and can't see any difference. I'm writing a 0 in these offsets from within a timer (tried from 2S to 50ms). I'm using CH pedals. Do you have any idea how can I control the brakes? It will be a nice feature to go with my module that controls rain and snow effects.

Regards and thanks

José

done some tests changing the values in offsets: bc4,bc6, c00, c01 that controls brakes and can't see any difference. I'm writing a 0 in these offsets from within a timer (tried from 2S to 50ms). I'm using CH pedals. Do you have any idea how can I control the brakes?

Sorry, this seems a bit confused. are you trying to control the brakes from a program, or do you want to use the CH pedals?

Writing 0 won't put any brakes on, 0 would mean brakes released. What are you expecting to happen when you write 0?

These locations work fine for brake application, as documented. They are used for the Aerosoft GA28R cockpit's pedals, and for PFC pedals and proportional brake options.

If you tell me why you are writing 0 and what you then expect to happen, mabe I can help. Otherwise, please re-check the Programmer's Guide which explains the difference between setting brake pressure (0BC4, 0BC6), and operating brakes (C00, C01).

Beware that if you want to take control from an externally assigned brake you will have to disconnect that brake axis, or at least ensure that it is parked in a position of "no jitter" so that it doesn't change the brake settings. Good calibration with a null zone should do it.

Regards,

Pete

Hi again

Yes I'm trying to release the brakes within a program I think that you explainned me what I need to know. I nee to disconnect the joystick first. Maybe is not a good option. There are a fine rain effects that give a wet look to the runway, made a small module to automate the effects use and thougth it will be fun to decrease brakes effectivness.

Thanks

José

There are a fine rain effects that give a wet look to the runway, made a small module to automate the effects use and thougth it will be fun to decrease brakes effectivness.

You can probably get that sort of effect by writing to the accelerations -- like the catapult effect, though obviously not so severe. Just read the longitudinal acceleration (which should be negative under braking) and keep increasing it (towards zero). FS will keep trying to change it back, but i think it will have an effect.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks

I've been playing with the 0x3070, 0x368, 0x360 and it really get's a nice effect. The update timer value (that reflects how much you allow FS to update the aircraft dynamics) and memory value interact each other. Of course catapult, arrestor cables, ground effect etc all this seem possible just by playing with that values. Now, getting precise effects that's another story, it seems that the update value timer should be really low (50ms) to allow precise control. Another strange thing is that FS needs some initial velocity.

Regards

José

I've been playing with the 0x3070, 0x368, 0x360 and it really get's a nice effect. The update timer value (that reflects how much you allow FS to update the aircraft dynamics) and memory value interact each other. Of course catapult, arrestor cables, ground effect etc all this seem possible just by playing with that values. Now, getting precise effects that's another story, it seems that the update value timer should be really low (50ms) to allow precise control. Another strange thing is that FS needs some initial velocity.

Glad you are making progress!

I've not got 0360 and 0368 documented. Can you explain those for me, please? This is the "update timer", is it? I really didn't know about that. It may be very interesting for others, especially those who wish to use FS not to simulate flying so much as replay the recoding of a flight elsewhere, maybe a real one.

Regards,

Pete