The simFlight Network Forums

new user surely old questions

Hi Pete I just registered my FSUIPC although i am still using ver 2.975 and have no problems with it....

Still using fs2002 and will not change soon...but I am wondering if Ishould install hte latest version 3.129...or not to go through the trouble..

Also..I am using GOflight modules with no problems..

WHat I am interested is if it is possible to find out in various freeware or payware aircrafts (ie Dasssault Falcon 50 as a freeware or Beech Premier I as payware..) the way to programm the buttons for some specific functions especially the overhead panel for the F50 with the 3 motor switches fuel pumps booster and generators...I ve only managed to get the encine all start button through the go flight configuration but have difficulties to instruct a specific key for the above functions as they are not recognisable

would appreciate any ideas for further experimenting..

Beware I have no clue of programming nee to read ALL new guides (i still dont understand many things from the old guides) and dont have too much free time to do all this homework...so there s no rush in answering and trying to guide me through since the eventual goal of the project is fisrt to make them work with a key assignement and then purchase more T8 or P8 swithces and combine them for a home cockpit sim experience...

thanks for all your trouble and help and thanks for THE PROGRAMM for FS

PS well spent money...should ve done it earlier !!

Hi Pete I just registered my FSUIPC although i am still using ver 2.975 and have no problems with it....

Still using fs2002 and will not change soon...but I am wondering if Ishould install hte latest version 3.129...or not to go through the trouble..

Well, it shouldn't be a "trouble" as such. Just copy in the DLL. Keep your 2.975 safe elsewhere if you like.

WHat I am interested is if it is possible to find out in various freeware or payware aircrafts (ie Dasssault Falcon 50 as a freeware or Beech Premier I as payware..) the way to programm the buttons for some specific functions

Unless the panel programmer has provided extra controls or keypresses for the operation of these things, no, it isn't possible. Well, there is a "Key2Mouse" program or module which might do the trick -- it accepts keypresses and converts them into mouse movements and clicks I think. That sort of thing can be done, but it isn't easy.

Unfortunately the FS gauge design tools seem to make it easy for the panel maker to provide user control using the mouse but not keyboard or button.

Regards,

Pete

Additionally to what Pete has said I would add;

If the buttons or whatever on the panel respond to any keypress, then the goFlight buttons can be made to send those keypresses.

If the panels are pure mouse driven then there is no "easy" way to assign the buttons.

You might also be interested to know, that GoFlight also have an SDK, which I can attest to being simple to use in conjunction with the FSUIPC SDK.

regards,

Ben