The simFlight Network Forums

Strange rudder control issue.

I have FS9, my rudder is calibrated thru both windows and FSUIPC. I have control spike checked in rudder, elv. and aileron. Here is what happens, I get full left deflection of my rudder whenever I'm not moving the pedals. On gnd or in the air. If I pop open the cal tab in fsuipc, it shows 0 as the input and output but the rudder is in the full left position.

I triple checked all my inputs to make sure I didn't have a double assignment. That chk'd good. Any ideas or help?

Thanks,

ROb

Well i've narrowed it down to something in fsuipc!??

If i remove the dll from the modules folder and run fs9 , the rudder functions perfect?? There is no reference in the fsuipc.ini file to the rudder that I can find. Weird ehh?

Rob

FSUIPC doesn't touch any of the axes unless asked to, so if it is okay with FSUIPC removed it sounds like something is actually using FSUIPC to do this.

Is it the same with all aircraft? Is the Rudder section in FSUIPC options definitely showing "Set" in the leftmost button and not "Reset"?

Switch on FSUIPC's IPC write logging, and also Monitor locations 0BBA, 0BBC and 332C (all as type "S16" in decimal) to the Log as well. Just run long enough to get the problem, then close FS, ZIP up the FSUIPC.LOG and FSUIPC.INI files, also the FS9.CFG file, and send them to petedowson@btconnect.com. I'll see if I can figure out what is going on.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

I found it! :)

It was the cfg file for the CPFlight mcp I have. Somehow it got messed up

and was sending erroneous commands via fsuipc. Thank goodness! Now all is well.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob:

I'm wondering what the CPFlight mcp is. I've been having similar problems as you've described experiencing. CH Products was unable to track the problem other than saying it's FS9.

I found I had to remove FSUIPC files to stop a couple of things from happening:

1) full deflection of the rudder the minute I touched the pedals

2) My USB Pedals would simply lock the brakes!

After finally doing a complete re-install of FS9, I was able to configure the joystick and everything was fine. However; after I copied my registered FSUIPC files across to the new FS9 install, Boom! No pedals again.

Re-did the process, removed the FSUIPC and Wideserver files and I got them back. Not saying it's Peter's software - just wondering if it may be that the first install contains remnants of my attempting to tweak using FSUIP's joystick setup? Or that cmp file you're referring to?

I found I had to remove FSUIPC files to stop a couple of things from happening:

1) full deflection of the rudder the minute I touched the pedals

2) My USB Pedals would simply lock the brakes!

FSUIPC doesn't touch anything to do with joysticks itself unless you've asked it do.

EITHER go to each of the FSUIPC Joystick pages and make sure every axis has a button that says "Set" on the left -- if it says "Reset" press it to reset FSUIPC's calibration

OR, possibly easier, either delete the FSUIPC.INI file to make it start over with defaults, or edit that file and remove the joystick section completely.

If the problem still exists it is definitely something else which is accessing the joystick values, possibly through FSUIPC.

Regards,

Pete

OR, possibly easier, either delete the FSUIPC.INI file to make it start over with defaults, or edit that file and remove the joystick section completely.

PETE:

I'm going to get the latest FSUIPC and NOT touch the Joystick settings at all. I'm using CH Products Control Manager within FS9 and it seems to do the job well.

Do I need FSUIPC.DLL in the modules folder in order to run my licensed version of WideServer/Client?

I'm going to get the latest FSUIPC and NOT touch the Joystick settings at all.

But they'll carry over from your current FSUIPC.INI file, unless you delete that as I suggested.

Do I need FSUIPC.DLL in the modules folder in order to run my licensed version of WideServer/Client?

Yes, WideServer will not work without FSUIPC. WideFS is an extension to FSUIPC to make its interface work over a Network.

If your FSUIPC isn't registered, then none of its joystick facilities will be operative in any case.

Pete