The simFlight Network Forums

T/D detection with ground flag

Hi Pete

I'm completely without ideas. I have a program that detects the aircraft T/D event using the 0x366 offset. In a lot of users it works with no problem but in others there is a delay in the detection. The delay sometimes is very long like detecting when the A/C is with 16 Kt. I'm pooling the offset at 100ms.

Regards

José

I have a program that detects the aircraft T/D event using the 0x366 offset. In a lot of users it works with no problem but in others there is a delay in the detection. The delay sometimes is very long like detecting when the A/C is with 16 Kt. I'm pooling the offset at 100ms.

Sorry, I have no idea. That flag isn't even processed by FSUIPC, it's one of the original 'GLOBAL' indications which FS has supported directly since pre-historic times, almost. :)

Why there should be any delay I have no idea, but the possibility that occurs to me is that there's some bouncing occurring and occasionally the timing of your reading it coincides with the zero. You could try polling more frequently, at the risk of affecting performance.

Another possibility is that the aircraft model is one of those with an undercarriage not quite touching the ground, or only just. Not knowing how FS decides its "on ground" flag, this may make the detection somehat erratic.

I don't know why accurate detection is so necessary for you, but perhaps you could detect it, or at least confirm it, by comparing aircraft altitude with ground altitude, with some allowance for the cockpit height (or at least the position the aircraft altitude is measured from). Maybe that would have to be a parameter?

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete

It's part of a T/D analysis that my FSacars provides to VA's. The system was based in the V/S variation analysis but now I was trying to collect that data only using this offset as a trigger. :(

Best regards

José

PS: Finally upgraded AIBridge to FS2004 Multiplayer interface. I'm expecting doing some tests during this week.