The simFlight Network Forums

Load aircraft from an external aplication using FSUIPC

I've been tying to find a way of loading an aircraft using FSUIPC, but didn't find anything related with this; I came up with a solution that involves a creation of a file with a fictitious flight situation and then loading it using FSUIPC. It's working but I'd like to know if anybody knows of a different solution?

Best regards

Armando Chibante

I've been tying to find a way of loading an aircraft using FSUIPC

Sorry, I don't know any way to do that other than by calling the Load Flight routine. In FS2004 there is a "reload aircraft" control which you could send via FSUIPC, but that doesn't change the aircraft, only reloads the current one (presumably to reset its systems or conduct repairs).

Regards,

Pete

armando, i would like to know a bit more about your program ?

I presume you create separate flights with all your aircraft, and just load the flight then ? that way, you have loaded a different aircraft, and all you've got to do then, is change the long/latitude & clock at what it was before.

Maybe there's another way by sending keystrokes or something ? Kinda like a macro that goes trough the menus.

Cya,

Wim

Hi Wim,

the solution is associated with two main factors:

- with FSUIPC you can load a flight;

- you can open a flight with a text editor and examine its contents;

By examining a flight, you find several sections, but the most important for the moment is one called [Plane.0] with something like this:

[Plane.0]

Aircraft=Beech Baron 58

If you create a file with only those lines and with a different a/c, when you load the flight it will change the a/c without changing anything else.

With this in mind, with your programing language, you can create a temporary file on disk, write those lines to the file, load the flight (aircraft) and then delete the file.

I use this on a program with a big timetable and aircrafts associated wih each flight; after choosing the flight, the user doubleclick the aircraft and load it.

I'm using VB6; if i can help in anything else...

Best regards

Armando Chibante