The simFlight Network Forums

Esound question

I'm beginning to use/program esound into my sim. My first task is the Attend call button. In FSUIPC it sees this as joy1, button 9 or in the cfg file 11=P1,9. Now my question is what number do I put in the [Triggers] section for the button number? This is NOT epic, just the normal windows game device being used. Thanks,

Rob

I'm beginning to use/program esound into my sim. My first task is the Attend call button. In FSUIPC it sees this as joy1, button 9 or in the cfg file 11=P1,9. Now my question is what number do I put in the [Triggers] section for the button number?

The button numbers 0-511 are derived assuming 32 buttons on each of 16 joysticks (the Windopws Joystick API limits), in order. So "1,9" = 1 x 32 + 9 = 41. Try 41.

If I re-wrote Esound (and my EPIC stuff) now I'd use the J,B format, but all that software is many years old and uses the original pre-Windows EPIC button notation.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

Here is a copy of my cfg file. Still can't seem to get it to work. The wav file is in the default fs9 sound folder.

[Devices]

1=Primary Sound Driver

2=

3=Modem #1 Line Playback (emulated)

4=Yamaha DS1x Native Audio

[settings]

1=1,100,FL

2=4,100

[sounds]

1=PMDG_Call

2=Outermk

[Triggers]

1=41:1,1,1

Thanks for your help as I know this is an unsupported program. :)

Rob

1=41:1,1,1

I don't remember any of this and had to look it up myself, but that line looked wrong anyway. The format according to the documentation is:

N = Bn:c, W, S

I think the "B" there needs to go in so ESOUND knows you are referring to Buttons. Other letters are M (modules) and V (variables). Otherwise it's a token name.

Regards,

Pete